SoftInWay announces a free webinar “Design of Mixed Flow Compressor” to be held on March 3rd, 2011, at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mixed Flow compressors have very important applications in military and civil aviation, chemical industry and various types of process and industrial plants. The webinar is therefore organized to help engineers quickly and cost effectively design high efficiency mixed flow compressors, which can operate in a wide range of operating conditions. By directly addressing such engineering challenges as choosing the right number of stages, defining maximal meridional dimensions and choosing optimal shaft rotation speed, our methodologies and software will improve manufacturability & usability of mixed flow compressor flow paths.
The course will cover:
1) Mixed compressor design with basic parameters including optimal shaft rotation speed, pressure ratio distribution between axial & radial parts and number of stages.
2) Performance maps calculation and design selection from specific manufacture, aerodynamic and space requirements.
3) Setting inlet and outlet ducts for precise calculation.
4) Using interstage cooling for industrial compressor.
5) Improving off-design performance by stators restaggering and pressure valve usage.
6) Stresses and Campbell diagram calculations for axial & radial blades.
As usual, the theoretic part is followed by a Q&A session where all participants can consult SoftInWay’s engineering experts.
Who should attend:
1) Engineers involved in designing and retrofitting of mixed flow compressors.
2) Engineers dedicated to compressor, aircraft and process plant maintenance.
3) Engineering professionals and scholars interested in learning techniques for decreasing emissions and optimizing fuel consumption.
4) Engineering students interested in getting a taste of "the next wave" of turbomachinery design tools.
To register for the webinar, please visit SoftInWay’s website: http://www.softinway.com/education/webinar.asp