CONCORD, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 7, 2011 — SolidWorks
Today’s social, economic, and environmental challenges demand innovative thinking, and much of it must focus on the products that help people live healthy, satisfying lives. SolidWorks World 2011 will showcase innovations that will help design engineers create products to meet personal and societal needs.
SolidWorks World 2011 is the 13th annual gathering of customers, partners, resellers, and employees of DS SolidWorks, maker of software for design, simulation, data management, technical communications, and sustainability assessment. Highlights of the event include:
- Networking with more than 4,500 attendees including engineering and design professionals, students, educators, partners, resellers, and DS SolidWorks employees from around the globe. Attendees can also connect online before and during the event.
- Customer stories from industries ranging from aerospace and medical instruments, to consumer electronics and renewable energy.
- More than 200 in-depth training sessions, many of them hands-on, covering topics such as “Creative Solutions to Everyday Problems,” “SolidWorks for Creative Educators,” and “Designing Solar Equipment.”
- Management/executive-oriented training sessions such as “The CAD Manager Survival Guide” and “The 200% Business Process Innovation Challenge: Utilizing SolidWorks Multiple Products for the Equipment Manufacturer.”
- A product showcase with more than 100 new SolidWorks-designed products, such as joint implants, laptop cases, fuel systems, and bicycles.
- The Partner Pavilion featuring more than 100 technology products that work with SolidWorks software to deliver new business benefits.
- The Ultimate CAD Chair from “Let’s Go Design,” DS SolidWorks’ interactive Web series that invites members of the SolidWorks community to submit design ideas to create an actual product.
WHEN: January 23-26, 2011
WHERE: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
200 E Market St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205
SolidWorks has just added Discovery TV’s “ Bionic Builders” to its roster of keynote speakers. Hollywood stuntman and amputee Casey Pieretti, and his engineering partner Bill Spracher, build and test outrageous prosthetics that allow their amputee clients to surpass ordinary human ability while attempting to replace a missing part of their lives. Other keynote speakers include the following SolidWorks executives and featured guests:
- Bertrand Sicot, new CEO of DS SolidWorks
- Jeff Ray, executive vice president, geographic operations, Dassault Systèmes
- Bernard Charlès, DS president and CEO
- Jon Hirschtick, DS SolidWorks founder and group executive
- Apollo 13 commander captain James Lovell Jr. and lead flight director Gene Kranz
- A wide range of customers – from early SolidWorks adopters to students just starting out in engineering with award-winning projects
Other ways to connect with SolidWorks World 2011 online include:
- DS SolidWorks Blog – SolidWorks World 2011 topics
- DS SolidWorks on Twitter
- SolidWorks World 2011 account on Twitter
- SolidWorks World 2011 hashtag ( #SWW11)
- DS SolidWorks on Flickr
- SolidWorks World 2011 Flickr
- DS SolidWorks on YouTube
- Michael Lord, Australian vehicle designer, who tweets at @ml13ml , will be this year’s official Internet Correspondent. He will be blogging about SolidWorks World 2011 on the SolidWorks blog .