Excel based reports facilitate easy tracking of manufacturability issues
Mumbai, India, October 28, 2010: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Global Engineering Services, and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of Version 2.3 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER.
DFMPro is a novel, automated design for manufacturing (DFM) review tool, that facilitates upstream manufacturability validation and identification of areas in design that are difficult, expensive or impossible to manufacture. It allows quick and in-depth examination of product manufacturability through advanced design rules for manufacturing processes like milling, drilling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding.
Version 2.3 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER focuses on improving ease of DFM analysis and reporting with new functionalities like:
- Support for formed features like extruded holes, embosses and dimples. Fourteen new rules involving these and other sheet metal features are added. New APIs for these features are additionally provided for rule customization.
- Microsoft Excel based DFM analysis report, allowing users to easily track DFM review comments to closure. The report templates can be customized to suit individual preferences. Excel reports can be generated for standard as well as custom rules.
- New grouping functionality for wall thickness related rules in injection molding, allowing users to segregate results into groups based on thickness ranges. Users will be able to quickly analyze results using this functionality.
- New visualization and reporting options allow users to control visibility of components during result analysis and sequence of reported instances.
The new sheet metal rules broaden the scope of out-of-the-box manufacturing checks provided by DFMPro. Also, 3D reports along with the newly added excel reports provide a simple way for organizations to easily communicate, collaborate, and track manufacturability issues not only within the organization but also with vendors and customers.
DFMPro helps organizations leverage standard and organization-specific manufacturing knowledge to -
- Reduce time-to-market by reducing design to manufacturing iterations
- Improve quality by detecting defects
- Reduce production costs by promoting usage of design and manufacturing standards
- Improve innovation by capturing manufacturing knowledge for continuous improvement
For further details, please visit: http://dfmpro.geometricglobal.com
Geometric ( www.geometricglobal.com) is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.12 billion (US Dollars 108.1 million) for the year ended March 2010. It employs close to 3000 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric was assessed as CMMI 1.1 Level 5 for its software services and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business, please visit www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.222.2255
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
Media Contact Tech Contact
Kavita Karnani +1.480.222.2256
Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079
India Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891