Global Executive Community to Address the Most Important Issues in Manufacturing TodayNEW YORK, Sept. 15 — (PRNewswire) — Manufacturing Executive, part of the Managing Automation Media group, the leading information resource for manufacturing executives, announced today the debut of the newly formed Manufacturing Leadership Council. The Manufacturing Leadership Council is an invitation-only, membership organization engaged in peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, with a focus on creating a better future for manufacturing.
The Council is driven by a distinguished board of manufacturing executives, academics, researchers and analysts. To date, members of the Manufacturing Leadership Board include:
- Andy Chatha, ARC Advisory Group, President & Founder
- Paul Christodoulou, University of Cambridge, Institute for Manufacturing, Senior Industrial Fellow
- Adriana Karaboutis, Dell, Vice President, Information Technology
- Dr. Larry Lapide, MIT, Research Affiliate—Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL)
- Dr. Jay Lee, University of Cincinnati, Prof. of Advanced Mfg, Ohio Eminent Scholar & L.W. Scott Alter Chair Professor
- Pierfrancesco Manenti, IDC Manufacturing Insights, EMEA Research Director
- George Nickel, Johnson and Johnson, Director Global Manufacturing
- Kevin O'Marah, AMR/Gartner, Group Vice President, Supply Chain Research—Global Strategy Officer
- Scott Park, Volvo Construction Equipment, Global CIO, VP Processes & Systems
- Michael Packer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Vice President, Manufacturing Strategy & Processes
- Vince Serpico, L'Oreal, Senior Vice President, Corporate Operations NA
- Mark Wilson, Director of Collaboration Management, GlaxoSmithKline
"Manufacturing Executive is dedicated to the idea that manufacturing will have a better future through discussion, debate and content that is generated by the community, moderated by editors and enabled by social media," said David R. Brousell, Editor-in-Chief, Manufacturing Executive. "We know that by working together, manufacturing is on the march to a great future."
There are several benefits associated with membership to the Manufacturing Leadership Council, including:
- Driving the future of manufacturing, with discussion and debate through private access platforms.
- Accessing Manufacturing Executive Leadership Events: complimentary pass to the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, with Golf Tournament and semi-annual private Council Meeting; an invitation to attend The Retreat, a two-day event at a 5-star resort; Dinner & Debate events; and teleconference calls.
- Utilizing peer to peer leadership tools: dedicated Council Website Portal to communicate with other Council members in a private online group; and Experts Exchange, a new online forum for peer-to-peer problem solving using crowd-sourcing techniques.
- Accessing Council Content and Research: Manufacturing Executive Leadership Journal; Dialogue Interviews with front line executives; exclusive Research and Educational Courses; leadership blogs; and the Executive Agenda E-Newsletter.
Two upcoming Manufacturing Leadership Council events include:
- Tuesday, November 2, 2010: Semi-annual Manufacturing Leadership Council meeting, supported by Rockwell Automation and Cisco Systems, co-located at the Rockwell Automation Fair (RAF). Discussion will focus on factories of the future.
- Wednesday, November 3, 2010: L'Oreal co-hosts the first in a series of Dinner & Debate events, beginning with a tour of the L'Oreal plant in Franklin, NJ. Dinner discussion to focus on global manufacturing, with co-hosts Vince Serpico, Senior Vice President, L'Oreal and Council Board member, and Editor-in-Chief Brousell. The event is sponsored by Apriso.
Complete event details can be found at http://www.manufacturing-executive.com/debateseries.
To apply for Manufacturing Leadership Council membership, go to Manufacturing-Executive.com/Council.
Contact Publisher Heather Holst-Knudsen at Email Contact for charter sponsorship opportunities.
About Managing Automation Media
Managing Automation Media, a division of Thomas Publishing LLC, produces industry-specific information for global manufacturing markets, providing critical content to innovative and forward thinking manufacturers – companies that use enterprise systems, information and automation technologies to transform their businesses and create a sustainable competitive advantage. Managing Automation Media powers the Managing Automation Magazine and website, Manufacturing Executive and the Manufacturing Leadership Council, the Manufacturing Leadership Summit and the PM100 Awards program.
SOURCE Managing Automation Media
|Managing Automation Media
Mary Zagrobelny of Managing Automation Media