Supports Full Line of Mazak Machine Tools, Including Latest MTM Centers
MOORPARK, CA – September 7, 2010 – Gibbs and Associates, developer of GibbsCAM® software for programming CNC machine tools and a Cimatron company, announced today that, in addition to demonstrations within its own exhibit at IMTS 2010, E-3810, it will demonstrate its software in the Mazak Corporation exhibit, S-8300. Featured functionality includes the current MTM software and post processors for the Mazak product line, including the complete Integrex series, Multiplex series, Quick Turn series, Hyper Quadrex series, and the VariAxis series.
Industry leading post processors for Mazak machine tools and other functions for Mazak MTM include:
• Synchronization with GibbsCAM MTM Sync Manager to optimize turret utilization and cycle times
• Pinch or balanced turning, to work simultaneously with upper and lower turrets on the same spindle
• Double or synchronized milling, for simultaneous milling and drilling with upper and lower turrets on the same spindle
• Y-axis support on all turrets
• Simultaneous 4 and 5-axis machining
• Machine simulation for visual verification and collision detection and avoidance
• Flash Tool support, multiple tools in one for fast index
• Gang style tool-holder-block support for fixed and live tools in machine simulation
“We are excited to continue our collaboration with our long-time partner in presenting the latest technology,” explained Robb Weinstein, Gibbs’ Senior VP, Sales and Strategic Planning. “Working with Mazak Technical Centers around the world enables us to support the full range of capability offered by Mazak CNC machines, from the simplest lathes to the most complex 5-axis machining centers and multi-axis, multi-spindle, multi-turret MTM machines. Participation in the Mazak exhibit again affords us the opportunity to demonstrate to Mazak customers that GibbsCAM provides the productivity tools that allow them to best optimize the efficiency and throughput of their Mazak machines.”
GibbsCAM 2011 will also be demonstrated at IMTS, in the Cimatron Group booth (E-3810). The latest version of GibbsCAM includes Feature Recognition and Attribute Management as well as enhancements to 3D high speed machining and 5-axis machining.
For more information about GibbsCAM, go to www.GibbsCAM.com, call 1-800-654-9399, or email Email Contact. For more information about Mazak Corporation and its line of machine tools, visit www.Mazak.com.