With this release, engineers can access all the new features of MD Nastran 2010 and MD Adams 2010 and perform advanced simulations in the areas of nonlinear analysis, bi-directional thermo-mechanical coupling and expanded physics simulations including co-simulation with CFD codes. Integrated with MSC's advanced multidiscipline (MD) solver technologies, SimXpert provides an efficient "end-to-end" solution that takes you from CAD to analysis report in a single easy-to-use application.
SimXpert 2010 delivers several new functionalities and improvements in the areas of usability, CAD support, geometry cleanup, meshing, FEA and Multibody Dynamics (MBD) solver support and the introduction of a Systems & Controls Workspace. Enhancements in this new release help engineers use a single, integrated, easy to use environment for simulation of essential multidisciplinary real world behavior providing dramatic productivity improvement. Benefits to users include:
Access to latest multidisciplinary functionalities in MD Nastran and MD Adams
- Motion-Structures-Control Integration -- for reliable and fast results across the boundaries of engineering disciplines
- Automated Bolt Modeling -- easy and accurate assembly modeling through better control of preload and improved results with continuous contact
- Contact Enhancements -- including support for thermal contact, segment-to-segment contact, visualization and contact table usability provide more flexibility and modeling functionality
- Thermal-Mechanical Analysis Support -- helping users solve new classes of problems involving heat generation due to mechanical work loss, including brake pad heating, road-tire contact and manufacturing operations
- OpenFSI Support -- for the newly introduced capability of MD Nastran 2010, OpenFSI helps users analyze interaction between nonlinear structures and fluids by coupling to your CFD solver
- Adams2Nastran Interface -- with support for dynamic operating points and export graphics option allowing export of linearized MD Nastran model from MD Adams
These extended multidisciplinary capabilities in SimXpert are proving to speed simulation time and bottom line results for companies of all sizes. For instance:
"The use of glued contact for assemblies reduces setup time from 1 day to 1 hour and avoids tedious mesh alignment between parts," says Julien Rodes from Sogeti.
Usability enhancements, Improved Meshing and CAD Support
This release of SimXpert provides wide range of usability enhancements:
- Easy to use view manipulation -- consistent with common CAD packages helps you feel at ease quickly in manipulating the model.
- Easier Dialog Interaction -- designed to reduce mouse travel and number of clicks
- Template Builder -- new authoring GUI to improve user experience
- CAD Support and Geometry
- Updated Native CAD -- supporting latest CAD releases and added flexibility of coexistence of parasolid models with native CAD imported geometry
- Geometry Cleanup -- with introduction of several new cleanup tools and enhanced mid-surface extraction to produce a geometry better suited for FEA mesh
- New geometry entity creation and editing tools to help users make necessary modifications to imported CAD geometry
- Improved performance and robustness with new tet meshing capability for consistent, better quality meshes
- Geometry checks and fixes to help create improved mesh and provide better mesh controls reduces errors
Introduction of Systems and Controls Workspace
The newly introduced Systems & Controls Workspace supports the full capability set of Easy5 within SimXpert and integrates with Simulink®. Within this workspace, users can model, simulate and design multi-domain dynamic systems which include electrical, thermal, hydraulic, gas dynamics, digital/analog control systems and much more. The Systems and Controls Workspace integrates with other SimXpert workspaces for true Motion-Structures-Controls integration, and engineers can leverage SimXpert Template Builder for process capture and reuse.
"This is the most significant release of SimXpert to date. Working with our users we've put together a broad range of capabilities that will have real impact on simulating more real world behaviors while accelerating development time and cutting the cost of physical testing," said Sanjay Choudhry, VP Product & Release Management at MSC.Software.
For more information about new features in SimXpert 2010, listen to the on-demand webinar at http://www.mscsoftware.com/events/webcasts/SimXpert/WhatsNew2010
MSC.Software is a global leader of multidiscipline simulation solutions that help companies improve quality, save time and reduce costs associated with designing and testing manufactured products. MSC.Software works with thousands of companies worldwide to develop better products faster with simulation technology, software, and services. MSC.Software employs 1,000 people in 20 countries. For additional information about MSC.Software's products and services, please visit www.mscsoftware.com.
The MSC.Software corporate logo, Simulating Reality, Adams, Dytran, Easy5, Marc, MD Adams, MD Nastran, Patran, Mentat, MSC, MSC.Masterkey, MSC Nastran, Mvision, SimDesigner, SimManager, and SimXpert are trademarks or registered trademarks of the MSC.Software Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. NASTRAN is a registered trademark of NASA. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Press Contact Leslie Rickey Director, Product Marketing Email Contact