July 07, 2010 -- The increasing reliance of fully collaborative and streamlined workflows within the GIS industry will be more apparent than ever at the 2010 ESRI International User Conference (UC), taking place July 12-15 at the San Diego Convention Center. Helping to fulfill this demand, Wacom®, the leading manufacturer of interactive pen technology, will showcase streamlined GIS editing, collaborative and cartographic capabilities with the first HD pen display for GIS professionals, the DTU-2231. Demonstrations will take place in the Wacom booth, #2713, as well as numerous other locations throughout the conference. Integration of ArcGIS 10 and the DTU-2231 revolutionizes the way that professionals interact with their GIS data by enhancing geospatial workflows and optimizing efficiency and productivity across the enterprise. Using these solutions, GIS experts, management and technical staff throughout commercial and government businesses may quickly and easily create original content and edit maps, as well as manage, analyze and share geographic information directly on the screen. Agencies such as AMEC, Idaho Department of Water Resources, Chateau Ste. Michelle Wineries and USGS have utilized Wacom technology for cross-departmental collaborative data production and management of water infrastructure, mapping and modeling regional water rights, crop management and yield analysis for vineyards, and real-time support for emergency response. In addition to the Wacom booth, the DTU-2231 may also be seen daily at various locations throughout UC, including:
- ESRI UC Digital Map Gallery: On display at UC 2010, ESRI has developed the first ever Digital Map Gallery that will showcase user-submitted maps. Wacom's DTU-2231 will allow viewers to explore and interact with each digital map document.
ESRI Industry Islands: DTU-2231's pen displays will be in use at multiple locations within ESRI's exhibit showcase including:
- Planning Demos at the Government Island
- Defense Showcase
- Emergency Services Island
- Avenza Systems - Booth #1615: Throughout UC 2010, Avenza Systems will exhibit their powerful cartographic software technology and its natural integration with Wacom pen displays.
The DTU-2231 will also be prominent within the following specialized events and sessions:
- GIS Application System for Community Development - Participatory Planning, Smart Growth, and Economic Gardening: Tuesday, July 13, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. (Room 23C)
ESRI GeoDesign Track: Thursday, July 15, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Marriott Hotel)
- 8:30 – 9:45 a.m. in Marina – Salon F: Introducing GeoDesign
- 10:15 – 11:30 a.m. in Marina – Salon F: GeoDesign: GIS Applications for Planning and Smart Growth
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. in Marriott Halls 4, 5 and 6: The Role of Sketching and Inference in GeoDesign, presented by Wacom’s Mike Dana and ESRI’s Matthew Baker
For additional information about Wacom events at ESRI UC 2010, attendees are encouraged to follow @wacomgeo via Twitter and check-in at the Wacom booth, #2713, on foursquare. To learn more about interactive pen display technology and Wacom’s industry partners, please visit www.wacomGIS.com.
Founded in 1983, Wacom®®'s vision to bring people and technology closer together through natural interface technologies has made it the world's leading manufacturer of digital human interface solutions. Wacom revolutionized the nature of digital input when it introduced its family of interactive pen displays, allowing users to work with a pressure-sensitive pen directly on screen. Today, thousands of GIS, design and other professionals count on Wacom interactive pen displays to express their creativity with superior control and comfort. Visit www.wacom.com for more information.