Leading Provider of Mapping Technology Deduplicates Its Data with NetVault: SmartDiskSAN DIEGO, May 18 — (PRNewswire) — BakBone Software® (OTC Bulletin Board: BKBO), a leading provider of Universal Data Management solutions, is helping DeLorme manage their growing volume of mapping and GPS data with NetVault®: SmartDisk.
- DeLorme, an innovative leader in mapping, geographic data, GIS and GPS technology, was spending too many hours purchasing and changing tapes for their growing stores of data and needed to reduce data storage costs.
- They selected NetVault: SmartDisk, BakBone's disk-based data deduplication solution and have recouped their investment in SmartDisk in less than six months.
- NetVault: SmartDisk has helped DeLorme simplify their backup process, reduce the number of hours previously spent on tape management and provides an added layer of protection to their data protection strategy.
- As the cost of tape libraries and the company's volume of mapping and GPS data continued to grow, DeLorme needed a solution that would save them a significant amount of time, money and space spent on their backup and storage drives and overall data management.
- DeLorme's mapping data takes up a lot of space in their database with its different formats and sizes; mapping data is the lifeblood of DeLorme's business and the company needs access to it at all times of the day.
- With NetVault: SmartDisk, DeLorme's IT department has simplified their backup process by reducing the hours spent on swapping tapes and managing data and the deduplication saves a significant amount of space on their backup drives.
- Within minutes of installation, DeLorme was able to start deduplicating data.
- In addition, NetVault: SmartDisk shortens their backup and recovery windows and makes it easy for one person to handle all of the company's data protection needs.
Noah Dionne, system administrator, DeLorme: "We need our mapping data available at all hours of the day or else we would be at risk of missing deadlines and not shipping our products in time to our customers. With NetVault: SmartDisk, we can rest easy knowing we have an added layer of protection and that our data is always at our fingertips."
Roy Hogsed, senior vice president of Worldwide Sales, BakBone: "Our goal is to provide customers with an easy-to-implement and cost-effective deduplication solution that will give them the ability to share disk-based backup storage across heterogeneous platforms and ease up on administrative time with a single data protection solution. NetVault: SmartDisk takes the worry out of deploying and managing deduplication in the datacenter and does not require any special training in deduplication or any special drives or appliances. With NetVault: SmartDisk running seamlessly in the background, customers can focus their time and resources on other projects."
NetVault: SmartDisk: http://www.bakbone.com/smartdisk
Podcast – Noah Dionne Talks about DeLorme's Use of SmartDisk: http://blog.bakbone.com/2010/04/28/podcast-delorme/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakbone
About BakBone Software
BakBone Software is a leader in Universal Data Management. This provides a data-centric approach to integrating data protection, centralizing policy management and managing organizations' messaging infrastructure to optimize performance, increase data availability and improve corporate compliance. Learn more about BakBone's Universal Data Management vision at www.bakbone.com or email Email Contact.
BakBone®, BakBone Software®, NetVault®, Application Plugin Module™, BakBone logo®, Integrated Data Protection™, NetVault: SmartDisk™, Asempra®, FASTRecover™, ColdSpark® and SparkEngine™ are all trademarks or registered trademarks of BakBone Software, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of, and used to identify, products or services of their respective owners.
SOURCE BakBone Software
Amber Winans of BakBone Software