Visit Atmel Booth #816 to see demonstrations, theater presentations and more on Atmel's products, tools and solutions to make an engineer's life easierSAN JOSE, Calif., April 13 — (PRNewswire) — Atmel® Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML), a leader in microcontroller and touch solutions, today announced that it will be exhibiting at ESC Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, April 27-29, 2010. At the show, the company will be demonstrating a variety of Atmel solutions including:
- Microcontroller solutions. Highlighting a number of Atmel 8- and 32-bit AVR® solutions, the company will showcase a low-power audio application and several ZigBee® and consumer applications. Atmel will also highlight ARM®-based solutions, including a Cortex™-M3 microcontroller (MCU) with capacitive touch capability, an Android platform, a high-quality video playback device for industrial applications and a home display unit targeting the smart energy and smart grid markets. Atmel will demonstrate its AVR tools and its easy-to-use functions to debug complex designs. On the wireless MCU solution front, Atmel will be demonstrating an intuitive lighting control reference design platform based on its AVR ATmega128RFA1 microcontroller and introducing a new kit with IEEE 802.15.4-compliant solutions for the 700/800/900 MHz and 2.4 GHz ISM bands, combined with a BitCloud Profile Suite.
- Touch solutions. As a leading provider of capacitive touch technologies, Atmel will showcase its easy-to-use touch development platform for designing touch buttons, sliders and wheels. This platform demonstrates how designers can easily design highly differentiated user interfaces with Atmel touch technologies using QTouch® Suite development tools. In addition, Atmel will present its integrated touch software library and integrated support by CAD software tool, Altium Designer®, that offers designers unparalleled flexibility and time-to-market.
On Tuesday, April 27 at 1:30 pm PT, Atmel and Arrow Electronics will be announcing winners for their SMART Design Challenge at Atmel booth #816. The grand prize winner will receive a smart fortwo car. Second and third place winners will receive a 2.13GHz 13-inch White Apple® MacBook and HP Mini 1000 Mini Netbook, respectively.
Every 30 minutes, Atmel will be presenting a different topic to showcase how its products and tools can streamline a designer's development timeline. These topics include:
- How Atmel AVR design tools can help engineers take their products quickly to market by using AVR microcontroller tools.
- Easily helping designers turn their design ideas into any audio solution using the Atmel UC3 microcontroller platform.
- Low-power features of the 32-bit AVR products to enable longer battery life and lower power consumption for a variety of applications.
- The Atmel Linux4SAM solution and how Linux developers can use a complete toolbox to build their ARM9™-MPU-based applications efficiently and with minimal time-to-market.
- A variety of other presentations on the Atmel easy-to-use capacitive touch and wireless Zigbee® solutions.
For more information about Atmel's presence at ESC Silicon Valley 2010 and daily updates at the show, please visit: http://www.atmel.com/esc2010.
Atmel is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of capacitive touch solutions, microcontrollers, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on consumer, industrial, security, communications, computing and automotive markets.
© 2010 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof, AVR®, QTouch® and others are registered trademarks and others are trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. ARM® is a registered trademark of ARM Ltd. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Agnes Toan, Public Relations Manager
Tel: +1 (408) 487-2963, Email: email@example.com
SOURCE Atmel Corporation
Agnes Toan, Public Relations Manager of Atmel Corporation