MARLBOROUGH, MA,—February 17, 2010—Netezza Corporation (NYSE: NZ), the global leader in data warehouse and analytic appliances today announced the availability of a new version of Netezza® Spatial™; a powerful application that simplifies the process of bringing together location and business data in a business intelligence environment. The new release of the Netezza Spatial package, which is available immediately, was developed by Netezza and completely redesigned to take full advantage of the advanced analytics capabilities of the Netezza® TwinFin™ appliance.
“We’ve redesigned our spatial solution to leverage the advanced analytic capabilities of TwinFin appliance and give our customers unparalleled price/performance and capabilities that are not available in any other database," said Jon Shepherd, General Manager of Netezza for Location Based Solutions. “The performance increase of this new release will be very attractive to new and existing customers looking to leverage their data warehouse – and location aware or GIS data – to uncover new actionable insight into their business.”
Location data is becoming a standard component of data warehouses and the growing volume of location data presents a challenge to traditional platforms. The Netezza Spatial package is uniquely positioned to handle this challenge and deliver results in near real time. For example, a tier one telecommunications carrier presented a spatial analytics query challenge to Netezza – process 1 Billion longitude/latitude locations uniquely into 2000 zones. Netezza Spatial processed the query in less than 20 minutes on a standard Netezza TwinFin appliance.
“The Netezza Spatial product for the TwinFin appliance demonstrates Netezza’s continued leadership in deploying systems for high performing geospatial analytics,” said Peter Batty, a spatial industry leader and the VP of Geospatial Technology at Ubisense Ltd., a global leader in precise real-time location systems.
With the Netezza Spatial package on the TwinFin appliance, BI professionals, business users and GIS professionals can run location intelligence analytics on large, comprehensive datasets at higher processing speeds. Industry-specific examples of the use of the Netezza Spatial product include:
- Property and casualty insurance companies can update the risk profiles of every insured entity in near real time;
- Health insurance companies can conduct detailed fraud analysis to easily identify systematic claims abuse where doctor and patient are “too far” away to have a traditional therapeutic relationship;
- Billions of records generated through social networks can be used to provide “next best offer” analysis by geographic location,
- Retailers can design offers and promotions based on an individual’s location within a store’s trade area—or based on any other location, historical, or competitive factor;
- Telecommunications companies can monitor and analyze billions of cell phone call records to optimize network coverage and maximize profitability; and
- Government agencies can track and analyze billions of assets and minimize waste, fraud, and abuse.
About Netezza Corporation
Netezza Corporation (NYSE: NZ) is the global leader in data warehouse and analytic appliances that dramatically simplify high-performance analytics across an extended enterprise. Netezza’s technology enables organizations to process enormous amounts of captured data at exceptional speed, providing a significant competitive and operational advantage in today’s data-intensive industries, including digital media, energy, financial services, government, health and life sciences, retail and telecommunications. Netezza is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts and has offices in Northern Virginia, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Australia and Singapore. For more information about Netezza, please visit www.netezza.com.
# # #
Netezza®, TwinFin™, Spatial™ and the Netezza logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Netezza Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
+1 (781) 684-0770
+1 (508) 382-8267