"Finite-element Methods for Electromagnetics" covers a broad range of practical applications involving electric and magnetic fields. The text emphasizes finite-element techniques to solve real-world problems in research and industry. After introducing numerical methods with a thorough treatment of electrostatics, the book moves in a structured sequence to advanced topics. These include magnetostatics with non-linear materials, permanent magnet devices, RF heating, eddy current analysis, electromagnetic pulses, microwave structures, and wave scattering. The mathematical derivations are supplemented with over 160 chapter exercises and comprehensive reviews of the underlying physics. The book also covers essential supporting techniques such as mesh generation, interpolation, sparse matrix inversions, and advanced plotting routines.
Unique features include the following:
* Methods have broad applications, including simulation of biological media, plasma processing reactors, accelerators, solid state devices, and rotating electrical equipment.
* Hands-on approach to computer modeling.
* Easier to understand than many other books on the market, making it perfect for an advanced undergraduate textbook.
* Illustrates theoretical topics in the book with close to 100 real-world calculations.
* Material will help readers to write their own programs.
The book is directed toward physicists and electrical engineers who want to improve their skills in computer-based numerical methods for electromagnetic simulation and equipment design. It is also of interest to undergraduate and graduate students in engineering and physics in follow-up courses to basic electromagnetism.
ABOUT FIELD PRECISION
Field Precision LLC has created easy-to-use 2D and 3D simulation software for personal computers since 1989. Application areas include electrostatics, permanent magnets, charged-particle devices, microwave equipment, biomedical engineering and X-ray technology. The company is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our educational texts on charged particle physics and technology are in use by over 20,000 students and researchers. For detailed information (customer lists, research projects and publications), please see
Field Precision LLC
Dr. Stanley Humphries
PO Box 13595
Albuquerque, NM 87192 U.S.A.