October 23, 2009 -- TatukGIS has released the 9.0 upgrade of its GIS Developer Kernel product as managed .NET and native VCL editions. The TatukGIS Developer Kernel is a comprehensive SDK for the custom development of stand-alone, embeddable, and client-server GIS applications using object-oriented languages.
The DK.NET edition is a fully managed .NET WinForms component for use with C#, VB.NET, etc., and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET assemblies 2.0 and higher.
The DK-VCL edition is a native Delphi/C++ Builder VCL (visual component library) for use with the Delphi and C++Builder development platforms.
The 9.0 version introduces important new features including:
- Advanced support for coordinate systems/projections reflecting EPSG codes and OpenGIS WKT definitions, with almost 3,000 predefined coordinate systems (including all U.S. State Planes) and user-defined coordinate systems.
- On-the-fly reprojection of image, grid, and vector map layers for display of map layers from different coordinate system on a single map.
- Automatic coordinate system recognition with most layer types.
- Image, grid, and vector map rotation.
- Support for additional vector/raster map formats: TAB/MAP, DWG2000, S-57, JSON, WMS, WFS, LandXML, OpenStreetMap, GSHHS, FME, GDL/OGR, Surfer Binary Grid.
- Support for additional spatial database map layer formats: Microsoft SQL Spatial Server, PostGIS, MapInfo SpatialWare, Oracle GeoRaster, ArcSDE Raster.
- Support for user-defined layers to read/write data from almost any source.
- Editing/storage of 3D shapes (Z & M values).
- Grid data export.
- Antialiased output for enhanced map rendering quality.
- HTML style rendering of labels.
- Unicode support.
- Hierarchical layers, layer grouping, sub-layers, sub-projects.
- Support for Delphi and C++Builder versions 2009/2010
- Support for touch screen interface with Delphi/C++Builder 2010
- Hundreds of other improvements.
A full product description with specifications is available on the TatukGIS web site at the link:
DK.NET 9.0 and DK-VCL 9.0 evaluation versions are available from the TatukGIS web site.
The version 9 upgrade of the DK-ActiveX (OCX) product edition, for ActiveX development and supporting .NET via COM/Interop, will follow soon.
For information about TatukGIS, refer to the company web site at: www.tatukgis.com