Siemens PLM Software Delivers Parasolid Version 22
Latest Release of Industry-Leading 3D Geometric Modeling Component Software Includes Enhanced Functionality for Greater Developer Productivity
PLANO, Texas, September 24, 2009 - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced the availability of Parasolid® Version 22.0 (V22) software, the latest release of its PLM industry-leading 3D geometric modeling component software.
Parasolid V22 delivers a wide variety of powerful modeling enhancements building on the robust and extensive functionality relied upon by many of the world’s leading PLM software companies. These new capabilities have been specifically designed to boost the productivity of application software developers working on some of the most advanced PLM end-user products on the market. Several enhancements have been added in a variety of areas.
* A new capability allows an application calling Parasolid to replace some faces of a body with a sheet while simultaneously performing other complex model edits such as face transformation or re-blend. For example, an edit can change the shape of a cut-out while simultaneously moving an adjacent face.
* A callback function has been added to the face edit and hollowing functions to provide control to the application calling Parasolid in situations where there are multiple possible solutions to complex modeling operations. The callback notifies the application of areas of the model where there are multiple solutions so it can choose the one that best suits the user’s expectations.
* Re-blending has been enhanced to cover more classes of imported data. This increases the ability to simplify a chain of blends into a more consistent and usable form when creating robust models from imported data. This enhancement also enables more changes to be made to the underlying topology of certain blend configurations, giving a better result without end-user intervention.
* Three-face blending controls and coverage is extended to match that available in face-to-face blending, with the addition of advanced capping and trimming capabilities. This enhancement boosts the success rate of highly complicated operations and improves end-user productivity. For example, when end-users want to perform blend operations on large models without consideration for the complex blend configurations that already exist or that may be created.
* Operations have been added to support advanced non-manifold modeling, used extensively in architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) applications. Boolean operations can now be performed on wire bodies and the API provides tools to identify and control the merging of redundant topology as well as managing the precision of non-manifold edges. Inquiry and optimization tools have also been enhanced and substantial improvements have been made to neutral sheet trimming for CAE analysis work.
“The PLM market move towards highly intuitive modeling paradigms represents an amazing challenge to application developers – that of making immensely complex operations appear quick and easy to perform,” said Joan Hirsch, vice president of Product Design Solutions, Siemens PLM Software. “Parasolid V22 offers another step forward in modeling sophistication and developer productivity for our most-demanding customers, along with the assurance of the robust high performance they have come to expect from the world’s foremost modeling kernel.”
In addition to Parasolid V22, Siemens PLM Software is simultaneously releasing the latest version of Parasolid Bodyshop, an add-on component that validates and optimizes the integrity and reliability of imported data using model healing and repair technology. Parasolid Bodyshop V13 features extensive model optimization enhancements which can be evaluated via plug-ins provided for the Parasolid Workshop prototyping environment.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with nearly six million licensed seats and 56,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions that help them turn more ideas into successful products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
About Siemens Industry Automation Division
The Siemens Industry Automation Division (Nuremberg, Germany) is a worldwide leader in the fields of automation systems, low-voltage switchgear and industrial software. Its portfolio ranges from standard products for the manufacturing and process industries to solutions for whole industrial sectors that encompass the automation of entire automobile production facilities and chemical plants. As a leading software supplier, Industry Automation optimizes the entire value added chain of manufacturers – from product design and development to production, sales and a wide range of maintenance services. With around 42,900 employees worldwide Siemens Industry Automation achieved in fiscal year 2008 total sales of EUR8.7 billion.
Note: Siemens and the Siemens logo are registered trademarks of Siemens AG. Parasolid is a trademark or registered trademark of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Be the first to review this article