ATLANTA, GA, June 8, 2009 – Global Map Systems Inc. (GMS) today announced their free map viewing solution. GMS has partnered with Glyph & Cog to offer map users an industry-specific free PDF viewer for spatial analysis. This new release offers map-makers an ideal way to deliver location intelligence and true GIS analysis to field technicians, construction crews, military and Homeland Security personnel that need an easy way to work with native mapping data.
LOGIQ PDF map users now get the following advanced mapping functionality for free:
- Identify features (in topmost layer or all layers): perform point-on-geometry analysis and display attributes and length and area of feature geometry in map units;
- Find features: query features by attributes and highlight geometry of results;
- Measure: interactively draw lines and polygons on the map and display lengths and areas in desired units;
- Export to shapefile: export map features to a shapefile for import into a GIS application;
- Statistics: calculate statistics for a numeric field or feature geometry length or area;
- Frequency table: creates a summary report of occurences for map features, with optional spatial join for point features;
- Display GPS position.
“This new geographic version of a PDF file is excellent for organizations that want the high graphic quality of a conventional PDF file, combined with some of the functionality of a GIS. LOGIQ Viewer allows distributors the ability to publish real map documents in an easy to use, standard format to users with little or no GIS experience, at a cost that is very affordable. This product is on the cutting edge of potentially opening up GIS to the whole world", said Karl Phillips, CEO of JollyRogerMaps.com.
Map users with no GIS training now have free access to powerful GIS analysis tools all running inside a portable PDF map.
“The new version of our PDF LOGIQ Viewer offers true GIS functionality via a free download and with a very small footprint”, said Mark Cederholm, CTO of GMS. “It is ideally suited for low-budget field applications. In addition, the new application framework has more flexibility to allow for faster rollout of enhancements and even customizations."
GeoDataEmbed 2.0 can be evaluated for free. To get started with publishing your GIS to PDF please visit www.globalmapsystems.com
About Global Map Systems, Inc.
Global Map Systems (GMS) provides state-of-the-art digital map publishing solutions that deliver advanced mapping functionality, for free, to PDF map users.
About Glyph & Cog, LLC
Glyph & Cog develops software for manipulating electronic documents. The company was formed in 2002 to support and commercialize the Xpdf project. Glyph & Cog is dedicated to continuing the open source Xpdf project, as well as providing commercially licensed software. Current offerings include software libraries, components, and consulting services related to reading, viewing, and converting PDF files.
Global Map Systems, Inc.
1101 Juniper St. Ne., Suite 1420
Atlanta, GA. 30309