The Learning Maya 2009 Collection is your key to unlocking the power of Autodesk Maya, directly from the creators of one of the world's most powerful 3D animation and effects software products. The three books in this special box set cover all stages of the 3D production pipeline from start to finish. Get hands-on experience in the innovative tools and techniques of Maya 2009 through step-by-step lessons using real-world production files and DVDs packed with free 3D models, instructor-led videos, and more.
Learning Autodesk Maya 2009: Foundation
You'll learn key Maya tools and techniques and familiarize yourself with the Maya 2009 interface with this project-based, full-color guide featuring characters from the Fathom Studios feature film, Delgo.
- Build a character with polygons and create organic structures with NURBS
- Learn to use Trax, animation layers, forward and inverse kinematics, and Paint Effects
- Set cameras and lights, and create and apply shaders and textures
- Discover rendering techniques, particles, dynamics, and Maya Embedded Language (MEL)
- Learn to composite with Autodesk Toxik software
Learning Autodesk Maya 2009: The Modeling & Animation Handbook
You'll get hands-on instruction to production-quality modeling and animation using artwork from the animated short, Theme Planet.
- Model with polygons and NURBS
- Work with skeletons, joint orientation, and inverse kinematics
- Set up a leg, arm and spine, and create constraints
- Skin your characters and work with blend shapes
- Create a run cycle and keyframed animation
Learning Autodesk Maya 2009: The Special Effects Handbook
You'll delve into the final stage of the production cycle with these step-by-step lessons using artwork from the animated short, Theme Planet.
- Understand shading, lighting, shadows and cameras
- Learn rendering with mental ray, hardware, and vector renderers
- Work with caustics, Global Illumination, Final Gathering, and HDRI
- Work with rigid body and particle dynamics, and MEL for particle expressions
- Learn about fluids, fluid collisions, and open water effects
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/49cc67/the_learning_maya
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax (USA): 646-607-1907
Fax (International): +353-1-481-1716