February 18, 2009 - Tolland, CT – With the release of Mastercam X3, high speed machining is being introduced into a suite of new 2D High Speed Toolpaths. High speed machining has traditionally been available in the Mastercam 3D machining suite. The six 2D toolpaths–Peel Mill, Core Mill, Area Mill, Rest Mill, Blend Mill, and Facing– are optimized for high speed machining and hard milling.
Mastercam’s new 2D High Speed Toolpaths can make your current processes more efficient and automated, while at the same time minimizing programming and cycle times. Now, you can have the benefits of high speed machining in your 2D work.
A few benefits of Mastercam’s 2D High Speed Toolpaths include:
- All of the new 2D High Speed Toolpaths deliver efficient, lower-stress motion even without a high speed machine.
- Peel Milling peels away material, layer by layer, delivering efficient constant climb milling with trochoidal-type motion and accelerated back feed moves when the tool is disengaged.
- Core Milling cuts from the outside in, using high speed transitions.
- Area Milling is excellent for more complex shapes and also uses high speed transitions.
- Rest Milling evaluates all previous toolpaths and removes remaining material with high speed motion between cuts.
- Blend Milling gradually morphs the toolpath between two shapes, at high speed.
- Facing cleans stock from the tops of islands or the entire part. Mastercam’s Dynamic Toolpath Strategy attempts to optimize the toolpath for minimum tool wear and maximum performance.
# # #
Developed by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows®-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis milling and turning; 2- and 4-axis wire EDM; 2D and 3D design, surface, and solid modeling; artistic relief cutting, and 2D and 3D routing. CNC Software is a privately owned corporation founded in 1984. The U.S.-based company provides Mastercam CAD/CAM solutions to more than 124,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold-making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, and consumer products. Mastercam runs under Windows 2000 and Windows XP and is compatible with all other CAD/CAM systems. For more information about CNC Software, Inc. and its Mastercam family of products, contact CNC Software, Inc., M - F, 8 AM - 6 PM EST at (800) 228-2877 or (860) 875-5006, 671 Old Post Road, Tolland, CT 06084. Or visit www.mastercam.com.
Phone: (860) 875-5006
Fax: (860) 872-1565