Broadcom, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Electronics and Sony Ericsson Among Others, Displayed CEVA-powered™ Technologies at CES; CEVA-powered Netbooks Demonstrated for the First Time
SAN JOSE, Calif., — January 19, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CEVA, Inc. [; ], a leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores announced today that more than 35 companies demonstrated CEVA-powered solutions and products at CES 2009. CEVA's technologies power a range of innovative applications on display at the show including the first netbooks to utilize the company's DSP cores. Other products that are enabled by CEVA include plasma and LCD TVs, wireless handsets, home entertainment audio systems, home media servers, SSD Drives, Blu-ray players, game consoles and Portable Multimedia Players (PMPs).
CEVA's customers and CEVA-powered OEMs at the show include; Aigo, Asus, Atmel, Broadcom, Changhong, Control4, C&S Telecom, Freescale, Hauppauge, Hisense, INDILINX, Intersil, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Marvell, Mindspeed, MSI, NXP, Samsung, Sharp, Sony Electronics, Sony Ericsson, ST-NXP, Sunplus, XStreamHD and Zoran.
Industry-leading CEVA-powered products on display at the show include:
- Micro-Star International (MSI) Wind series netbooks with CEVA DSP for mobile broadband
- LG's X120 netbook with CEVA DSP for mobile broadband
- Lenovo's X200 notebook with CEVA DSP for mobile broadband
- LG's Prada-II phone powered by the CEVA DSP core. LG have numerous handsets utilizing CEVA DSPs for baseband processing
- Samsung Ultra Edition II and HSDPA phones with CEVA DSP technology inside. Samsung have numerous handsets powered by CEVA DSPs
- Sony Ericsson's W508 and C510 walkman and camera phones announced at CES. Sony Ericsson have numerous handsets utilizing CEVA DSP cores
- Sony's Playstation 3 powered by CEVA DSP core
- XStreamHD's home media server utilizing CEVA SATA technology for serial connectivity
- Changhong's LCD and Plasma TVs featuring CEVA DSP technology for audio
- Indilinx's SSD drives powered by CEVA SATA technology
- Intersil's D2Audio Digital Audio Engine family powered by CEVA DSP technology
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is a leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP Cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, consumer electronics and storage markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive solutions for multimedia, audio, voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth and Serial ATA (SATA), and a wide range of programmable DSP cores and subsystems with different price/performance metrics serving multiple markets. In 2007, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 225 million devices. For more information, visit http://www.ceva-dsp.com
Photo: NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051010/CEVALOGO
AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org
PRN Photo Desk, Email Contact
SOURCE: CEVA, Inc.
Web site: http://www.ceva-dsp.com/