Paramount Issues Will Be Addressed by Industry Experts and Attendees
Redlands, California—October 6, 2008—Leading government officials and geographic information system (GIS) experts from across the country will be attending the 2008 ESRI Homeland Security GIS Summit to discuss the latest developments in protecting the homeland. Representatives from local, state, and federal agencies, as well as utilities, high-technology companies, and other businesses are encouraged to attend the largest geospatial conference of its kind. The fourth annual conference will take place October 20–23 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Attendees will learn how GIS technology provides a proven framework with customized solutions for their specific missions. They will see firsthand how GIS improves public protection and business continuity. Workshops and breakout sessions give an opportunity to discover projects and applications successfully deployed today.
“We’re in a time of tremendous challenges, and GIS professionals are leading the way in transforming how agencies are successfully responding to fluid conditions," says Russ Johnson, public safety solutions manager, ESRI. "Our sole purpose is to enable users with real solutions. We want to help them overcome their unique challenges and achieve greater success, so we’ve created a unique event tailored to this industry based on user feedback and market conditions. We’ve brought colleagues, technical experts, solution providers, and guest speakers together for a comprehensive forum to learn and share.”
Distinguished keynote speaker Leesa Berens Morrison, director of Homeland Security, Arizona, will discuss homeland security issues that border states face today. Also, hear from the following featured speakers:
- Dan Cotter, CIO, Department of Homeland Security
- Dr. Kevin Reardon, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Infrastructure Protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Greg Cade, U.S. Fire Administrator, Department of Homeland Security In addition, key industry topics that will be explored include
- Rapid deployment, prioritization, and allocation of resources
- Determining credible risks and critical vulnerabilities
- Comprehensive situational awareness to support time-sensitive decision making
- Critical collaboration with other agencies and sharing of resources
- The ability to quickly capture, fuse, analyze, and transform data into actionable information
- Efficient data dissemination to remote and mobile operations
Visit www.esri.com/hssummit to learn more.
Since 1969, ESRI has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, ESRI software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. ESRI applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. ESRI is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-1419
E-mail: Email Contact