Shoreline, WA, January 17, 2008 – Design Master Software released Design Master HVAC 6.0, an update to its integrated HVAC design and drafting program, on December 3, 2007. Notable new features in this release include:
* A simplified command to export 3D ductwork. The exported ductwork can be imported into all of the leading architectural building information modeling programs, including NavisWorks, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit Architecture, ArchiCAD, and Bentley Architecture.
* More metric duct labeling options to provide better documentation for HVAC designs done outside of the United States.
* More ventilation calculation methods. Ventilation in zones can be calculated using either ASHRAE 62.1-2004 or 2006 International Mechanical Code. A ventilation report can be generated to allow plan reviewers to verify the calculations.
There are also numerous improvements to existing features based upon feedback from customers, including:
* More default fitting options.
* More ways to connect diffusers to ductwork.
* The option to round up fractional people in load calculations.
* Multiple floors on a single drawing.
A free 30-day trial of Design Master HVAC 6.0 is available at
bob at designmaster.biz
About Design Master Software, Inc.
Design Master Software develops integrated design and drafting software for electrical and mechanical building engineers. Their two products, Design Master Electrical and Design Master HVAC, have been available since 2001. For additional information about Design Master Software, visit