Laser-Scan is delighted to provide worldwide, online access to its User and Partner Conference 2006 from Tuesday 27th – Thursday 29th June.
Following the success of last year’s innovative LIVE online conference service, Laser-Scan will be broadcasting live again this year from their User and Partner Conference - http://www.laser-scan.com/conference/webcast_form.php . Last year’s live feed saw online registrations more than double the number of conference delegates.
Laser-Scan’s conference is now established as an annual event for addressing business process improvement linked to spatial data management. There are over 30 industry speakers presenting over the 3 days and there will be several workshops relating to procurement and spatial data management best practice from the Office of Government Commerce, PA Consulting Group and the DNF Expert Committee from Great Britain.
E-delegates from around the world will be able to visit Laser-Scan’s website for live streaming at any point during the 3-day event or they can register for recorded presentations following the conference.
In addition to an already impressive agenda, the latest speakers to be announced include: -
- Andrew Smith, Road Traffic Survey Manager, Department for Transport: The importance of GIS in the management of transportation information
- Dave Curry, Manager Utilities Network Assets, Imass: ’The NERVE Project: Researching a real-time visualisation of a shared geospatial model’
- Gary Lang, Vice President, Engineering, Autodesk: Open source and its impact on the supply chain’
- Ian Painter, Managing Director, Snowflake Software: Taking a round trip with GML
- Ian White, Business Development, Public Services, Oracle: Transformational Government
- Rachael Dye, GIS Projects Officer, Colchester Borough Council: Tackling Positional Accuracy Improvement in Local Government
- Ron Simpson, Assistant Director, Local Government, OGCbuying.solutions: Procurement Efficiency from the Office of Government Commerce
- Ross Hill, Higher Scientific Officer, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology: Combining real world objects and Earth Observation: the future of national land cover mapping in the UK
The theme of this year’s conference is Spatial Data Supply Chain: Delivering ROI.
Over the last 15-20 years huge sums of money have been invested in spatial data. Much of this data was collected before GPS and was based on first generation topographic Master Data. The deficiencies have been handled by visual inspection. In an increasingly integrated world and with the growing complexity of topographic data models this approach is not fit for purpose. The conference will be addressing how end users can maintain the value of their spatial data assets through re-use and how the community at large can tackle this issue to improve the spatial data supply chain and deliver ROI.
Laser-Scan would like to thank Oracle, Tele Atlas, eSpatial, Galdos Systems, LizardTech, GEO:connexion and GEOInformatics for their support as sponsors of this year’s 17th annual User and Partner Conference.
To sign up for the live feed, please visit: http://www.laser-scan.com/conference/webcast_form.php
For more information please contact Abbie Beckford.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 420414
Fax : +44 (0)1223 420044
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Laser-Scan delivers world-class, innovative business solutions for geographic information. Our technology is the result of over 35 years experience in the development of market-leading database products. Laser-Scan offers a new approach to exploiting location data in enterprise information architectures.