The Omnify Empower PLM solution provides a central location to electronically manage parts, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Changes/ECOs, Documents, Projects, Quality/CAPAs, and Training Records. Version 7.0 offers all of the functionality of the existing system with many enhancements.
Key Omnify Empower 7.0 product updates include:
- Improved User Experience: Empower 7.0 leverages the latest browser technology to provide users with an enhanced experience by delivering an updated look and feel, improved navigation, independent scrolling slide-out panels, and extended User Interface (UI) options.
- New Security Features: Omnify Empower offers both on-premises and hosted deployment options. New security features have been added for both our On-Premises and Hosted/SaaS customers, including an improved password framework with new retrieval options and an extended authentication platform that supports more Single Sign-On (SSO) methods and providers (LDAP, OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- New Design Upload Wizard: CADKit, Empower's design integration tool, includes a new Design Upload Wizard to help guide engineers when uploading design data from 3rd party tools. The upload utility will automatically recognize any changes and apply the redlines to new or existing Changes/ECOs.
- New SiliconExpert Interface: A new integration between
SiliconExpert and Omnify Empower will supply users with detailed part information when creating new, corporate parts/part numbers and maintain a direct link to SiliconExpert to deliver the latest component information on those parts within Empower 7.0.
- New Technology Platform: Empower 7.0 is built on a REST (Representational State Transfer) services platform to enhance the integration framework for 3rd Party systems with additional functionality, improved performance, and to simplify future integrations.
"FACTS Engineering has utilized and depended on Omnify for controlling the development and sustainability of our products for over eight years," stated Rick Walker, Vice President of FACTS Engineering. "We are always excited to receive Omnify's upgrades rather than dreading them as we do with some other software providers because we know that each new release offers more functionality, while remaining extremely easy to use." Mr. Walker continued that, "the team at Omnify listens to our feedback and suggestions for new features as we see them implemented in the new product releases like 7.0."
"As with all product updates, the enhancements made to this product release are a direct result of customer requests," stated Chuck Cimalore, CTO for Omnify Software. "Empower PLM 7.0 is a pivotal release because it establishes a technology platform that will help us to more easily enhance our product with new features and integrations that customers require."
About Omnify Software
Omnify Software, the leading provider of business-ready Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions for discrete manufacturers, helps OEMs shorten development cycles, accelerate product innovation and improve bottom-line profitability. Omnify's commitment to customer success has resulted in a unique solution that is quick to implement, easy to use, and provides an open integration platform. Our web-based solution offers flexible deployment options that allow customers to deploy on-premises, hosted or in the cloud. Omnify is well-known for superior customer service, delivering outstanding training, development and support with a team of experienced technology professionals. For more information about Omnify Software Product Lifecycle Management, please call 978-988-3800, email email@example.com or visit www.omnifysoft.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube; or subscribe to the Omnify Software RSS Feed.
"Omnify" is a registered trademark of Omnify Software. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name "Omnify" is a trademark and/or property of Omnify Software. All other trade, product, or service names referenced in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders."
Media Contacts: Omnify Software Email Contact 978-988-3800 Valerie Harding Ripple Effect Communications Email Contact 617-536-8887