MEMEX Inc. to unveil and demonstrate the MTC-One – One of the world’s most advanced and easiest to configure MTConnect connectivity board for legacy machine tools and IIoT devices
Burlington, Ontario, Canada – September 13, 2016 - Memex Inc.(“MEMEX”) (TSX VENTURE:OEE) announced today it will be unveiling and demonstrating the MTC-One, one of the world’s most advanced and easiest to configure MTConnect® connectivity boards for legacy machine tools and IIoT devices, at the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) in Chicago.
Dave Edstrom, CTO of MEMEX Inc., author of “MTConnect: To Measure Is To Know”, as well as former President and Chairman of the MTConnect Institute, stated, “There is no company on planet earth that is better positioned than MEMEX in terms of MTConnect enabling legacy machine tools and IIoT devices. The MTC-One is our third generation of MTConnect connectivity boards and clearly addresses “the last meter” challenge, where MEMEX leaves no machine behind when it comes to legacy connectivity on the plant floor. The MTC-One truly is the “Swiss army knife” of legacy connectivity solutions to connect to any device on the plant floor and then have that device MTConnect enabled.”
MEMEX’s new MTC-One has a number of leading edge features:
- Powerful ARM SOM microprocessor capable of running Linux, MTConnect adapters, agents and other IIoT software such as Complex Event Processing (CEP) as well countless other applications that might be needed to connect to and process data from devices
- MTC-One features include NXP®/Freescale i.MX 6DualLite, ARM Cortex™-A9, 1.0 GHz, Dual Core, 512MB DDR3 (64 Bit), 4GB eMMC (8 Bit), two 10/100 Mbit IEEE1588 Ethernet ports
- Numerous Connectivity Options - Wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n), up to 110 USB devices, 4 USB Host (Type A) connectors, USB (Micro A-B connector) diagnostic port, 8 onboard digital inputs (this provides optical isolation between the MTC-One and the device being monitored, which allows the MTC-One and the device to be electrically isolated), 2 onboard digital outputs and analog I/O Interfaces, as well as onboard Fieldbus/Industrial Ethernet Protocol Interface
- Wide variety of option sensors ranging from power monitoring, 8 channel ADC, thermocouple, accelerometer, RH sensor, digital input, DIO and others are on the MTC-One roadmap
- Industrial quality with onboard real-time clock with battery backup, graceful shutdown circuitry to prevent data loss, high voltage surge protection, Micro SD Card Slot and DVI-I display connector which can also convert to HDMI for connecting to shop displays
- Flexible installation choices with either magnetic, screw or din rail mount and can take 6-27 VDC as its power input.
A clear differentiator for the MTC-One is the configuration and transformation logic software that easily handles the capture of signals and protocols and then passes that data to the transformation logic layer (such as the well understood ladder logic) and finally the ability to easily map this transformed data to the MTConnect standard.
MEMEX, the developer of MERLIN, an award winning IIoT technology platform that delivers tangible increases in manufacturing productivity in Real-Time, is the global leader in machine to machine connectivity solutions. Committed to its mission of “Successfully transforming factories of today into factories of the future” and encouraged by the accelerating adoption and success of MERLIN, MEMEX is relentlessly pursuing the development of increasingly innovative solutions suitable in the IIoT era. MEMEX envisions converting every machine into a node on the corporate networks, thereby, creating visibility from shop-floor-to-top-floor. MEMEX, with its deep commitment towards machine connectivity, offers solutions that are focused on finding hidden capacity by measuring and managing Real-Time data. This empowers MEMEX’s customers to effectively quantify and manage OEE, reduce costs and incorporate strategies for continuous lean improvement.