Aug 23, 2016 – VARGUS’ TMSD Thread Mill for Deep Holes System is a multi-flute, high-productivity and cost-effective solution for threading deeper and harder-to-reach holes. At EMO Milano 2015 VARGUS Ltd., in its ongoing mission to provide its customers with end-to-end threading solutions, is introducing two important extensions to the TMSD system:
- Full profile inserts for the ISO Metric, American UN, NPT and American Buttress standards
- Vertical inserts, in the following styles: Partial Profile 60°, Partial Profile 55°, Trapez and Stub ACME
These two developments are a welcome addition to the already successful TMSD partial profile inserts product.
The TMSD Full Profile Inserts:
- Extend tool life by providing the optimal nose radius for each of the following specific pitches:
o ISO – 1.0, 1.5, 2.0
o UN – 18, 16, 14, 12
o NPT – 18, 14, 11.5, 8
o ABUT – 16, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2.5
- Are available in IC sizes: 5"L, 1/4"U, 3/8"U, 1/2"U.
- Provide the flawless surface finish required by the most demanding applications such as medical devices, equipment for the food industry, and other high-precision and high-tech components.
- Full profile inserts use the same TMSD toolholders as the partial profile inserts.
The TMSD Vertical Inserts:
- Have a smaller cutting diameter and three flutes for faster machining of small applications (Min D2=10.5mm, .41”) Extend tool life by providing reinforced support for the insert cutting corner
- Have Coolant Thru as standard, for improved chip evacuation and cooling at the cutting corner
- Toolholders can also be used in VARGUS' GROOVEX line (GM Slot) for grooving applications
- Vertical inserts are fully compatible with the Steel Weldon Shank Carbide Cylindrical Shank toolholders.
The new vertical line and full profile inserts are fully supported by VARGUS GENiusTM, the most advanced Tool Selector and CNC Program Generator in the metal cutting tools industry.
VARGUS Ltd., established in 1960, is the tooling division of the NEUMO Ehrenberg Group, a multinational organization with 29 companies worldwide. VARGUS Ltd., serving customers in more than 100 countries around the globe, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of quality tooling for threading, turning, milling and grooving applications, as well as hand deburring tools. A customer-focused organization, VARGUS Ltd. is committed to providing innovative products and solutions of the highest quality and excellent value, and is renowned for its technical expertise and uncompromising service.