19-may-2016 - Ricardo Software announces a key partnership that will deliver immediate benefits to users of its IGNITE complete vehicle system simulation product, as well as enabling significant future developments. In the 2016 product release, IGNITE users will have instant access to Modelon’s advanced
OPTIMICA Compiler Toolkit, a Modelica and Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) based computational platform for system design.
Integrating IGNITE and OPTIMICA offers clear advantages for system simulation users, not least of which is three-fold increase in the speed of compilation and simulation, providing very significant time-savings. This integration provides expanded compatibility with proprietary and open source Modelica libraries (covering two-phase fluid, thermal, hydraulics, and more), and comprehensive support of the FMI, further enabling execution of multi-domain and multi-scale studies in IGNITE.
The result of this partnership will bring together the best of IGNITE’s comprehensive ground vehicle performance and fuel economy simulation capability with Modelon’s leadership in Modelica and FMI technology.
The OPTIMICA Compiler Toolkit is based on JModelica.org technology and is available for integration in software and custom tool-chains.
Optimica Compiler Toolkit Benefits:
- Flexibility and interoperability with user-friendly scripting APIs in MATLAB® and Python
- Model protection through support for encrypted libraries
- Support for Hand-Guided Tearing to exploit system structure in steady-state computations
- Dynamic and steady-state optimization for limits of performance analyses and optimal control
- Transient simulation with Modelica and FMI
- Industrial grade optimization with third party algorithms
- Integrates seamlessly with the FMI Toolbox for MATLAB®/Simulink
- Integrates easily with user toolchain and development processes for application development and deployment.
Click here to learn more.