NOVATO, CA--(Marketwired - January 26, 2016) - IMSI®/Design, a leading software provider and developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, today announced the release of the new TurboCAD Mac version 9 product line including TurboCAD Mac Pro, TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D, and TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D. The products are available for sale through the Apple Mac Store and on TurboCAD.com.
"The version 9 release is aimed both at traditional improvements in usability and performance, as well as areas of precision design such as 3D printing, enhanced visualization capabilities and sophisticated 3D modeling tools that our customers are asking for" said Bob Mayer, President and CEO of IMSI/Design.
TurboCAD Mac v9 also boosts significant enhancements in the areas of 3D modeling, rendering, and interoperability.
PERFORMANCE & USABILITY ENHANCEMENTS
- New/Improved Gripper Tool to dynamically move, rotate, scale, duplicate, translate, & face copy objects in 2D or 3D.
- New Navigator to view your drawing by Sphere mode or by Step mode, independent of your drawing.
- New Batch File Converter reads a variety of file formats and can quickly process into other file formats.
- New Save for Review command saves the current file to a new file name while locking the layer list.
NEW & IMPROVED 3D MODELING FEATURES
- New Rip/Lip Feature for the construction of a support with parameters for thickness and draft angle.
- New Bridge Tool connects two facet regions together by combining and merging facets, edges, and vertices.
- New Add Loop Tool providing additional control over regions of a meshed part.
- New Fill Hole Tool adds triangles or quads to close an open hole.
- New Cylinder Subdivision Primitive added to the subdivided mesh tools to quickly smooth a quad mesh.
- New Push/Pull Tool to resize or create 3D objects from 2D lines or curves by simply extruding an enclosed shape.
NEW SUITE OF 3D PRINTING TOOLS
- New 3D Print Check Tool checks a part for its print viability.
- New Surface Normals Check performs an analysis of a part's surface normal.
- New Overhang Analysis Tool to inspect modeling areas that may require structural support.
- New Wall Thickness Tool to inspect modeling areas that may be too thin for 3D printing.
- New Preview Slices Tool provides a user interface to slice models given a direction and thickness, to verify a part has closed, no overlapping sections, etc.
- New Auto Position Tool positions a collection of parts within the boundaries of the default print platform.
- New Support Structure Tool that manually adds geometry to support material as it is created by the 3D printer.
- New Show Printer Volume which is defined within the Printer Definitions dialog box, toggles the boundary of the default 3D Printer.
- New Printer Definitions dialog box to set key parameters of the 3D printer.
- New 14 Sample STL files for instant 3D Printing
NEW RENDERING & PRESENTATION
- New Special Lighting Effects including Strip, Dome, and Area lights for more photo-realistic rendering.
Availability and Pricing
The entire TurboCAD Mac v9 line is available now from both www.TurboCAD.com and Apple's Mac App Store.
- TurboCAD Mac Pro v9, $499.99 USD
- TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D v9, $129.99 USD
- TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D v9, $69.99 USD
For more information, please visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design) and home design desktop software, and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD™, TurboFloorPlan®, TurboViewer®, and TurboSite® families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. Please visit www.TurboCAD.com for more information.
© 2016 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 firstname.lastname@example.org