2015 COMSOL Conference Features Focus Sessions and Training Workshops for Multiphysics Simulation and Application Design
2015 Annual COMSOL Conference, October 7-9, 2015, Boston, MA
BURLINGTON, MA, September 22, 2015 — COMSOL, the leading provider of multiphysics modeling and simulation software, is pleased to announce the new Focus Sessions and Training Sessions that will be featured at the 11th Annual COMSOL Conference, the world’s largest event for multiphysics simulation and application design. Each session provides attendees with an in-depth look at how to get the most out of modeling.
Focus Sessions are collaborative talks presented by application area experts moderated by a COMSOL Product Manager. These discussion-oriented forums allow like-minded COMSOL® software users, COMSOL product managers and software developers to share insights around simulation on specific topics.This year’s Focus Sessions include:
- Best Practices in Acoustics Simulation
- Best Practices in Heat Transfer and Phase Change Simulation
- Best Practices in Electromagnetic Simulations
Training Sessions provide attendees with direct experience with multiphysics modeling using a combination of hands-on activities and traditional lecture taught by COMSOL’s team of experts. More than 30 application-specific training sessions cover multiphysics, optimization, solvers, electrical, mechanical, fluid, chemical, such as:
- Introduction to the COMSOL Multiphysics® software
- Application Builder and the COMSOL Server™ license
- Electromagnetics: Low and High Frequency Modeling
- Heat Transfer: Conduction, Convection, Radiation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Laminar and Microfluidic Flow; Turbulent and High Mach Number Flow
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical Reaction Engineering; Electrochemical Engineering
2015 COMSOL Conference
The 2015 COMSOL Conference focuses on advancing cross-discipline and multiphysics simulation and application design through a multitude of hands-on sessions, keynote talks from industry leaders, and hundreds of user presentations. The Conference through its nine world-wide events brings together thousands of engineers, researchers, and scientists, providing them with the chance to showcase their work, share innovative technologies and best practices, as well as the opportunity to interact with the developers of COMSOL Multiphysics®.
The 2015 conference will feature presentations on simulation apps using the Application Builder and COMSOL Server™. Other highlights include:
- Keynote talks from industry leaders
- User-contributed paper and poster presentations
- The unveiling of COMSOL® version 5.2
- An exhibition showcasing products offered by hardware- and software suppliers and consultants
- The chance to interact with peers and explore the simulation work of fellow engineers
The Boston COMSOL Conference 2015 will be held October 7-9, 2015 at the Boston Marriott Newton, Newton, MA. For more details and to register to attend, visit:
COMSOL provides simulation software for product design and research to technical enterprises, research labs, and universities through 22 offices and a distributor network throughout the world. Its flagship product, COMSOL Multiphysics®, is a software environment for modeling and simulating any physics-based system and for building applications. A particular strength is its ability to account for coupled or multiphysics phenomena. Add-on products expand the simulation platform for electrical, mechanical, fluid flow, and chemical applications. Interfacing tools enable the integration of COMSOL Multiphysics® simulation with all major technical computing and CAD tools on the CAE market.
COMSOL, COMSOL Multiphysics, and COMSOL Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of COMSOL AB.