Cooperation leverages intrinSIM’s engineering software connections to broaden awareness and use of C3D Kernel for development of 3D Applications.
September 3, 2015 -
C3D Labs, the developer of the C3D Kernel, announces that intrinSIM has signed a definitive agreement to add C3D Kernel and related modules to its portfolio of Embeddable Technologies for Engineering Applications. intrinSIM will partner with C3D Labs to advance business development and licensing of the C3D Kernel technology on a worldwide basis.
C3D Kernel is a C++/C# programming toolkit dedicated to today’s 3D Modeling requirements with special focus on enabling small and medium sized software development teams to efficiently and effectively develop 3D products. C3D Kernel includes three crucial modeling components:
- C3D Modeler constructs 2D/3D geometric models, generates flat projections of models, performs triangulations, calculates the inertial characteristics of models, and determines whether collisions occur between the elements of models
C3D Solver makes connections between the elements of geometric models and considers geometric constraints of models being edited.
- C3D Converter reads and writes geometric models in a variety of standard exchange formats, such as STEP, IGES, ACIS, XT, STL, and VRML.
The C3D kernel enables end application developers to carry out the following functions in their software:
- Improve the product’s functional capabilities.
- Quickly create 3D applications based on existing 2D design systems.
- Greatly reduce the cost of development.
- Enhance the reliability and speed of their software products.