The focus of the developments of 3DViewStation V2015.1 has been set to optimize further the handling of extremely large assemblies and the enhancement of the analysis functions.
The model tree has been replaced in order to accelerate selections in extremely large assemblies thereby improving filtering and isolation of large assemblies such as selecting 5000 parts of a specific color in a 100.000+ parts assembly. The filtering has been cut down now to fractions of a second. Performance and memory usage have been optimized by migration of the graphics kernel to DirectX 11 while ensuring to better support virtual systems.
There have also been enhancements in the area of analysis functions:
- A wall thickness analysis displaying color gradation based on the ray method has been added.
- The calculation of volume and surface will no longer be performed during loading, but is now accessible via a menu item.
- The presentation of results from the clash detection has been improved
- The SVG 2D-vector export of hidden line removed data has been enhanced
- Minimum bounding box, has been added
- PDF-Export has been enriched
- ISO-like dimensioning has been enhanced
- A new XML based API has been added, which is now available for all product flavors: Desktop, ActiveX and WebViewer.
The new features of 3DViewStation can be reviewed in more detail at http://blog.kisters.de.
The KISTERS 3DViewStation is developed by very closely following customer requirements; it is available as Desktop, ActiveX and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM-, ERP- or other management system providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions there is a HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require any client installation at all. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation- and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.
KISTERS is a worldwide growing IT-company which has been founded in 1963 as an engineering agency. Its 500 employees develop resource management systems for energy, water and air, and information systems for the area of environment protection and safety. Professional competence and operational experience with more than 3000 customers and more than 150.000 installed licenses make KISTERS an internationally sought-after partner for software solutions.
One core focus of the IT-solution department is the development and sales of visualization solutions for CAD-data and documents including ECM and PLM integrations. To satisfy the various market requirements KISTERS offers own developments of visualization tools. Customers appreciate 20+ year experience in this area.