ThingWorx Version 6.0 Adds Hyperscale Data Stores, Storage SDK and Security Enhancements
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 5, 2015 — LiveWorx 2015. It’s On! – PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) today announced the release of version 6.0 of the ThingWorx® platform, the latest release of its secure and scalable IoT platform for building and deploying enterprise IoT applications.
With the rapid growth and maturing of the IoT market, companies are facing the need to securely scale their enterprise-grade IoT solutions to connect millions of devices, supporting hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. ThingWorx version 6.0 provides the tools and capabilities that allow enterprises to scale their solutions beyond what was previously available and allows secure solutions to be deployed and scaled appropriately while maintaining ease of use.
“ThingWorx version 6.0 sets new standards in IoT scalability, security and platform extensibility,” said Russ Fadel, president, ThingWorx, a PTC Business. “By combining the powerful federation capabilities of the ThingWorx platform and the new data storage engine, customers are able to implement geo-distribution of data allowing them to maximize availability, compliance with regulatory requirements, and performance.”
The ThingWorx version 6.0 specifically features:
- A Pluggable Data Store Model. The new data store software development kit enables a pluggable model, allowing ThingWorx and partners to natively integrate new data stores to meet specific performance, scale, security and infrastructure requirements. ThingWorx is using this model to deliver Apache Cassandra™ for hyperscale runtime data, as well as future data stores to support a variety of deployment scenarios, both large and small.
- A High-Volume Runtime Data Store Provider. The new runtime data store uses DataStax Enterprise powered by Apache Cassandra™ as the runtime data store to deliver a database platform purpose built for the performance and availability demands of IoT, web and mobile applications. Cassandra’s modern architecture enables greater scalability to address the potential issues faced under modern and dynamic workloads, high-volume data and new business requirements with relational databases. DataStax Enterprise offers customers a fully tested and validated Cassandra deployment with dramatically improved administration and monitoring tools and built-in integration with Apache Solr™ for indexing and search.
- Productivity Enhancements. New styling options in the Mashup environment have been added and the ThingWorx Help Center Integration provides full search capability on topics and API documentation. Additionally, users will benefit from performance improvements made to value streams and data tables, as well as enhanced support for custom authentication modules.
- Security Enhancements. Extensive security features have been added, including improved vulnerability protection, FIPS-140-2 compliance at the edge devices, and improved certificate and encryption support. These new features extend the ThingWorx position in end-to-end security, adding new capabilities for encryption of data in flight and data at rest, enabling users to build and deploy secure IoT applications.
The ThingWorx version 6.0 is now available. Please visit here for details.
- LiveWorx 2015 Live Stream
- LiveWorx 2015 Social Media Page
- ThingWorx IoT Platform
- PTC Internet of Things Overview
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. PTC’s enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Led by its award winning ThingWorx application enablement platform, PTC’s platform technologies help companies deliver new value emerging from the Internet of Things. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professional serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide.
About ThingWorx, a PTC Business
ThingWorx, a PTC (Nasdaq:
PTC) business, provides the first platform
designed to efficiently build and run the applications of today's
connected world. The ThingWorx <