The new solution enables CSPs to:
- Deliver an improved customer experience. With support for enhanced Single Radio Voice Call Continuity, CSPs can deliver Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services even when widespread LTE network coverage isn't available, streamlining the calling experience for customers as they move from LTE to 2G/3G environments.
- Drive revenue and differentiate from both traditional and nontraditional service providers. With the new Oracle solution, CSPs can design upgrades to services in just a few clicks using an intuitive drag-and-drop session design center with continuous design-time validation. This means CSPs can configure and extend out-of-the-box VoLTE and Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) applications without coding or having to rely on costly vendor customization, enabling them to develop and deliver rich media services more quickly and cost-effectively, while also assuring reliability.
- Advance progress to virtualization. The communications application server offers a network function virtualization (NFV)-enabled environment for VoLTE and VoWi-Fi applications, and is designed to permit virtualization and management by a virtual network function (VNF) manager. The solution also provides automated deployment capabilities across testing, staging, and production environments equating to greater service agility and velocity for CSPs.
The product is powered by Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, which is proven to scale and includes built-in fault tolerance. It is also industry-standards compliant to ensure IP multimedia subsystem (IMS) core interoperability, and is preintegrated with Oracle Communications Core Session Manager. This makes Oracle Communications Evolved Communications Application Server ideally suited for rapid deployment in contemporary IMS and 4G LTE environments with carrier-grade performance, scalability, and reliability.
"Oracle Communications Evolved Communications Application Server brings the speed of innovation with the low cost profile typically seen in IT initiatives, yet it can deliver the performance of a CSP network appliance," said Steve Aulds, vice president of products, Oracle Communications. "This is the ideal complement to our converged application server, API exposure platform, and session delivery infrastructure, which CSPs around the world have embraced for nearly a decade."
"The rapid growth of 4G LTE in mobile networks is exposing a real need for delivery of IMS-driven services," said Diane Myers, research director, Infonetics Research, part of IHS Inc., (
Oracle experts will be available at the following 2015 events to further discuss and demonstrate Oracle Communications Evolved Communications Application Server:
- Cloud, Network Virtualization & SDN -- April 28, Stockholm, Sweden
- NFV World Congress -- May 5-8, San Jose, California
- IMS World Forum -- May 19-20, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
To learn more about Oracle Communications Evolved Communications Application Server and other Oracle Communications products, please connect on Twitter @OracleComms and at facebook.com/oraclecommunications, or visit http://oracle.com/communications.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contacts Kaitlin McCready Oracle +1.216.925.5972 Email Contact Lisa Fisher O'Keeffe & Company +1.703.883.9000, x156 Email Contact