New App Makes It Easy to Lay Out, Design and Publish Content to Any Device
SAN JOSE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 2, 2015 — Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) today launched Slate, a new free iPad app that makes it easier than ever to turn words and images into a story that can be published as beautifully laid-out Web content, in minutes. Bringing Adobe’s unrivaled creative software expertise--across digital imagery, page-layout, typography, and Web design--to a mass audience, Slate is made for anyone who wants to communicate with impact. Students, teachers, non-profit organizations, small business owners or corporate communicators can now turn their next report, newsletter or travel adventure into a document that captures attention. Through professionally designed magazine-style layouts with elegant fonts, beautiful colors and eye-catching motion, Slate content automatically adapts to any device for a high-impact reading experience on tablets, smartphones or computers. Slate creations are links that can be shared easily via text message, email, embedded in websites, or posted on social media channels.
Introducing Adobe Slate, a new free iPad app (Photo: Business Wire)
Adobe Slate builds on the success of Adobe Voice, an app for creating animated videos that was named one of the Apple App Store’s Best New Apps of 2014. Like Voice, Slate features a collection of themes that set the tone for any story – with a single tap. The interface makes it simple to add text, choose the right photo layout and apply carefully curated looks and motion. Leveraging an advanced Adobe animation engine, Adobe Slate makes words and images move with automatically applied scrolling transitions, making it a much more engaging and exciting read. Key features include:
- Stunning professionally designed themes allow users to simply tap to select from multiple font combinations, fun colors and motion to ensure stories stand out from the crowd.
- Arresting photo layouts and covers deliver options that help photos pop, making them the highlight of the story, including grid or window view. Users can also add a caption overlay on images, ensuring photos are more integral to the narrative.
- Adaptable design that looks great on any device, ranging from a phone to large desktop monitor.
- Call-to-Action buttons link to online sites and other relevant information to encourage readers to take action, like: “Donate Now”, “Volunteer” or “Learn More”.
- Sharing options automatically publish the finished content and help spread the word via a simple Web link that can be easily posted to social channels, sent via text message, email or embedded in personal blogs and websites. Readers can easily view the content in their PC, tablet or mobile phone browser.
Paul Gubbay, vice president of product development, Adobe
“In today’s digital world, everyone wants to share engaging Web-based stories that stand out, but often people don’t have the right tools to easily create something impactful. With our move to Creative Cloud we’re able to tap into our pro-level creative software expertise and bring it to a much wider audience with new tools—first with Adobe Voice and now Slate. Stay tuned for more innovation like this from our teams at Adobe.”
Joe Dockery, educator, Mount Si High School
“One of the things that I love about Slate is how quickly and easily my students can publish and share their creations. The interface is so simple, intuitive and user-friendly, that they can just concentrate on telling a good story versus worrying about learning the technology.”
New Updates in Adobe Voice
Also available today are new updates to Adobe Voice that help users add even more visual variety to their Voice videos. New features include improved text overlay that helps text stand out over a busy image or background, new motion graphics, refined font layouts and categorized video examples that makes it easier to find the right content for inspiration. Voice video owners can also see the number of times a video was viewed or “appreciated,” providing valuable insight into the impact of the story.
- Adobe Slate in 30 Seconds
- Adobe Slate Story
- Adobe Slate and Adobe Voice
- Adobe Slate for Students
- Adobe Slate for Small Business
- Adobe Slate for a Cause