The presentations were made at its recent 2015 American Advertising Awards Gala, held on Friday, March 6 at the Westin San Diego Emerald Plaza in Downtown San Diego.
Best of Show awards were presented to Piston in the Professional Category and Nichol DeRosier from the San Diego Portfolio Studio in the Student Category. Piston was honored for the Animation in the TV spot for their client, Yakult USA and DeRosier was honored for her integrated campaign titled "Restaurant Week." The judges also elected to award a Special Judges Award to Greenhaus for "Art Brewer Photobook -- Todos Santos."
"For over 100 years SDX has been a hub for the creative community, representing the best in San Diego advertising. Hosting the San Diego American Advertising Awards is a great way to showcase the awesome creative talent working in this town, and puts our best work in the national spotlight," said Michael Warburton, Brand Manager for San Diego Zoo Global and current SDX president.
The American Advertising Awards program is hosted by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), a national advertising trade organization comprising a membership of more than 200 local advertising clubs, including SDX. The trophy is affectionately called an ADDY by the industry.
ADDY awards were presented in three different categories, including Gold (1st place), Silver (2nd place) and Bronze (3rd place). Categories included digital advertising, sales promotion, collateral materials, direct marketing, out-of-home advertising, non-traditional advertising, consumer or trade publications, newspaper, radio, television (including cinema), integrated campaigns, advertising for the arts and sciences, public service, self-promotion and elements of advertising.
San Diego American Advertising Awards Gold ADDY Award Professional recipients include:
- Piston - Best of Show - 2 Gold - 7 Silver - 5 Bronze
- Greenhaus - Special Judges Award - 1 Gold - 1 Silver - 6 Bronze
- BASIC - 1 Gold - 2 Silver
- emota - 1 Gold - 4 Silver - 4 Bronze
- Murphy Design - 1 Gold
- Nick Nacca Photography - 1 Gold
- Treeline Interactive - 1 Gold - 1 Silver
- United Way of San Diego - 1 Gold
- U-T San Diego - 1 Gold - 1 Silver
Additional San Diego American Advertising Award Professional winners include:
- Carefusion - 1 Bronze
- Civilian - 3 Silver - 2 Bronze
- CLUB SULLIVAN - 1 Silver
- Digital Operative - 1 Bronze
- FortyOneTwenty - 1 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Geary LSF - 1 Bronze
- Green Flash Brewing Company - 1 Bronze
- i.d.e.a. - 2 Silver - 5 Bronze
- Jacob Tyler - 1 Bronze
- Loma Media - 1 Bronze
- Mindgruve - 2 Silver - 10 Bronze
- MiresBall - 2 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Mirum - 2 Silver - 1 Bronze
- MJD Interactive - 3 Silver - 3 Bronze
- Movetic - 1 Silver
- Red Door Interactive - 1 Bronze
- San Diego Zoo - 1 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Sixteenfifty - 4 Bronze
- Taco Truck Creative - 1 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Tallgrass Pictures - 1 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Ten Stories - 1 Bronze
- This is Visceral - 2 Bronze
- Traina Design - 5 Silver - 3 Bronze
- VITRO - 1 Silver
San Diego American Advertising Awards Gold ADDY Award Student recipients include:
- Nichol DeRosier - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Gold & Best of Show
- Liya Enikeeva - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Gold
Additional San Diego American Advertising Award Student winners include:
- Dennis Santarinala - Platt College - 1 Silver
- Stephen Chu - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Silver - 1 Bronze
- Tani Yasso - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Silver - 2 Bronze
- Alvaro Camacho - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Christian Capuchino - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Monique Lindsay - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Regina Luciano - San Diego Portfolio Studio - 1 Bronze
- Lynette Rios - San Diego Portfolio Studio -1 Bronze
- Armando Roman - Media Design School at the New School of Architecture and Design - 1 Bronze
The ADDY Gold winners will be forwarded by SDX to compete in AAF's District 15 competition which is comprised of Southern Nevada and Southern California. District 15 winners then will be forwarded to compete at AAF's national competition. The national American Advertising Awards program is known as the world's largest and arguably the toughest advertising competition with more than 40,000 entries annually from around the country.
Founded in 1911, SDX (formerly San Diego Ad Club) is San Diego's oldest continuously operating business association. SDX brings together creative thinkers, business planners, marketing aficionados, communications technology innovators and more in order to build a community of professionals focused on what's next in the industry. SDX is creative, rooted in brand building, committed to public service and grounded in building valuable professional and personal relationships.
Contact: Sheila Fox SDX Executive Director Email Contact cell: 619.851.0369