Key product updates include:
- New and Improved User Experience (UX): A next-generation UI using the latest browser technologies provides an overall improved experience with enhanced navigation, simplified field editing, and a streamlined look and feel across all product modules.
- New Option Files/Themes: Empower 6.0 introduces a new concept of customizable Option Files and Themes in order to provide users with the ability to customize the UI, menus, and form options for specific job roles, departments, business processes, etc. and improve user adoption across the organization.
- New Communication Portal: A new cloud-based Communication Portal offers direct, in-application product updates and posting of pertinent product information such as reports, Themes and documents to easily share information with the entire user community, drive knowledge-sharing and simplify the deployment process.
- New Product Configurator Module: This new module allows manufacturers to establish their Bill of Material (BOM) configurations early on during the prototype phase. Customers will be able to manage different BOM views for different departments and improve vendor selection with the ability to determine the best supplier for specific configurations/locations.
- New Workflow Engine: A new workflow engine delivers a more intelligent workflow process with dynamic stages and conditional branching.
- Training Management Module Enhancements: The new Training Management UX provides training managers with easier setup and administration of training including automatic grading for user comprehension tests to notify trainers of student pass/fail upon completion of training.
- Enhanced Vendor Management: Empower 6.0 offers the ability to assign workflows/approval processes for new vendors, vendor items, and service objects. Additional custom fields and contacts can be assigned to further define properties for each vendor and vendor parts.
- Flexible Deployment Options: Empower 6.0 offers on-premises, hosted or cloud deployment options to allow customers to choose the best platform for their business.
"For FACTS Engineering Omnify isn't just an application or tool that we use, it's a part of how we work and who we are, and it has been a key factor in helping our company grow," stated Rick Walker, Vice President of FACTS Engineering. "A particularly exciting aspect of version 6.0 for us is the ability to log in from anywhere and have the exact same interaction with the system as sitting at our desktops. This is allowing us to open up our review and signoff responsibilities to directly and securely include our various contract manufacturers from around the world." Mr. Walker added that, "Empower 6.0 also enables customization for creating views into the PLM system based on the needs and requirements of the users such as Administration, Purchasing, Production, and Engineering which adds to the ease-of-use factor that has always been a part of Omnify products."
"Empower PLM 6.0 demonstrates our long-standing commitment to delivering customer-driven products," stated Chuck Cimalore, Chief Technology Officer for Omnify Software. "The premise of this release is based on improving the user experience through new customization options, access to more tools and information, easier navigation, and streamlining the system for specific users and roles. Empower 6.0 represents a redesigned platform that allowed us to address many customer requests and provides us with the ability to respond to future requests in a much more efficient manner."
About Omnify Software
Omnify Software, the leading provider of business-ready Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions for discrete manufacturers, helps OEMs shorten development cycles, accelerate product innovation and improve bottom-line profitability. Omnify's commitment to customer success has resulted in a unique solution that is quick to implement, easy to use, and provides an open integration platform. Our web-based solution offers flexible deployment options that allow customers to deploy on-premises, hosted or in the cloud. Omnify is well-known for superior customer service, delivering outstanding training, development and support with a team of experienced technology professionals. For more information about Omnify Software Product Lifecycle Management, please call 978-988-3800, email email@example.com or visit www.omnifysoft.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube; or subscribe to the Omnify Software RSS Feed.
"Omnify" is a registered trademark of Omnify Software. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name "Omnify" is a trademark and/or property of Omnify Software. All other trade, product, or service names referenced in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders."
Media Contacts: Alaine Portnoy Omnify Software Email Contact 978-988-3800 Valerie Harding Ripple Effect Communications Email Contact 617-536-8887