Early Bird Registration to 3D Printer World at the Marriott Burbank Convention Center Available Through December 15
BURBANK, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 10, 2014 — 3D Printer World returns to the Marriott Burbank Convention Center on January 29th. The Expo, which was launched in Burbank in January of 2014, has been expanded in both length and scope to meet strong business and consumer demand.
“Southern California is a hotbed of 3D printing activity,” says Bob Titsch, show director for 3D Printer World. “As the first event to bring the entire 3D printing ecosystem under one roof, our show in January 2014 was standing room only. This year’s expo has an expanded show floor to accommodate more exhibits from leading industry vendors and features new attractions and experiences for attendees. We’ve taken the industry’s main event and made it even bigger and better.”
This year’s expo includes the return of crowd favorites such as 3D printer drawings and giveaways, a 3D print art gallery, live design demos and contests on center stage, as well as some exciting additions, including:
- A new 3D Printing Boot Camp seminar track
- A new Markets and Business Applications seminar track
- The 3DPlusMe Experience: This attraction will let attendees get a 3D face scan, cast themselves as a Marvel superhero, see themselves as that hero and, if they wish, order their personalized 3D printed character. Every attendee who gets a scan will have it emailed to them as a picture, and a few printed versions will be given away in drawings too.
- Movie Magic: 3D printed costumes and other machinations from special effects wizards who bring the visions and imaginations of Hollywood's filmmakers to life will be on display. Several pieces and props from special effects companies such as 3D Systems’ Gentle Giant Studios, New Deal Studios and others will be featured.
- Visionaries of the Additive Future Exhibit: Visionary artists, designers, engineers and architects are using new conceptual workflows and creative processes to push design to the limits and explore the boundaries of 3D printing. This special display will showcase some of the more exciting explorations of new ideas, forms and structures.
- DIY Sand Casting from PLA Demonstration: This live casting demo will cover the process of using inexpensive FDM personal 3D printers to produce objects that can be converted to metal by employing PLA as a castable material.
- SeeMeCNC’s 16-foot-tall ‘PartDaddy’ 3D printer in action! With a print volume of 4’ by over 9’, this massive Deltabot just might be the largest FDM printer in the world.
- VIP Exhibit Hall Preview and Cocktail Reception on opening night (requires seminar ticket to attend)
Early bird discounts are available through December 15 at www.3dPrinterWorld.com on all levels of access (exhibit hall only, one day seminar and full seminar packages).
About 3D Printer World
3D Printer World Burbank 2015 brings together the largest range of 3D printers, technology and professionals ever assembled under one roof. The three-day 3D printing event, which includes exhibits, demonstrations, education tracks, contests and networking opportunities, takes place January 29-31 at the Marriott Burbank Hotel and Convention Center. To register, or for more information, visit www.3dprinterworld.com.
for 3D Printer World
Casey Freymuth, +1-480-893-2424