Due to negative customer feedback and bad press, at least one major ISV will change their policy around tracking of consumer transaction and mobile user activity in 2015
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 4, 2014 — International Data Corporation (IDC) today hosted the IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Social Business 2015 Predictions Web conference, which highlighted the predictions based on a new IDC FutureScape report. The Predictions Web conference series and accompanying IDC FutureScape reports are designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. An audio replay of today's Web conference will be available this afternoon. To access the replay, please visit: http://bit.ly/IDCSocialFutureScape2015.
- ClicktoTweet: @IDC Reveals #SocialBusiness #Predictions2015 - Register for the webcast replay here: http://ctt.ec/OUL2f+
The predictions from the IDC FutureScape for Social Business are:
1. Online Communities will continue to grow in support of business innovation across all enterprise functions, increasing by $200 million in 2015, a 30% increase over 2014.
2. Organizations will increase their internal product and service innovation efforts by 15% over the next 18 months.
3. Integration, consolidation, and rationalization in Marketing Technology will make up an average of 35% of total Marketing Technology budgets by 2015.
4. With the rise in spending shifts from IT to Line of Business (LoB) executives, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will hold 10% of the overall technology budget by the end of 2015.
5. By the end of 2015, only one in ten organizations will have structured and goal-oriented Customer Experience strategies in place.
6. Beyond employee engagement, one in five organizations in 2015 will aim to measure employee experience as a direct impact on customer experience.
7. Due to the rise in wearable technology, one in five of all workers will be involved in company-sponsored wellness programs or wellness specific gamification by the end of 2015.
8. Due to negative customer feedback and bad press, at least one major ISV will change their policy around tracking of consumer transaction and mobile user activity in 2015.
9. By 2017, partner organizations will have consolidated 30% of their online interaction interfaces to provide a more proactive and individualized offering.
10. The number of marketplaces that support business networks by connecting suppliers, partners and customers in a single entity will increase by 100% through 2017.
"The basic building blocks of social business, content, and community are still creating opportunity for change and disruption, but the picture of how and in what business areas is much clearer today," said Michael Fauscette, Group Vice President of IDC's Software Business Solutions. "The other thing that is clear, although certainly a point of contention for many, is the business value of these new solutions and the general shift to digital."
The IDC FutureScape report that this Web conference is based on will be published and available within the next 24 hours. To learn more about IDC Predictions and IDC FutureScapes, please visit: www.idc.com/Predictions2015.
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC's offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide our outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year. During the next 90 days, IDC will publish Top 10 Predictions documents for 2015. Please visit www.idc.com/Predictions2015 for a complete listing.
About IDC FutureScape
IDC FutureScape reports are used to shape IT strategy and planning for the enterprise by providing a basic framework for evaluating IT initiatives in terms of their value to business strategy now and in the foreseeable future. IDC's FutureScapes are comprised of a set of decision imperatives designed to identify a range of pending issues that CIOs and senior technology professionals will confront within the typical three-year business planning cycle.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of
market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information
technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC
helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment
community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and
business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global,
regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities
and trends in over 110 countries. In 2014, IDC celebrates its 50th
anniversary of providing strategic insights to help clients achieve
their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of
the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You
can learn more about IDC by visiting
Follow IDC on Twitter at