New Portable, Wireless WorkForce® WF-100 Delivers Convenient Wireless Printing From Tablets and SmartphonesLONG BEACH, Calif., Nov. 4, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing printing solutions, today announced the Epson WorkForce® WF-100, the world's smallest and lightest mobile printer1. Designed for professionals on-the-go, the WorkForce WF-100 includes built-in wireless connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct®2 and an integrated rechargeable battery, for printing from nearly anywhere.
"Mobile devices are critical tools for professionals, and the sleek, portable, wireless WorkForce WF-100 augments the mobile experience, enabling users to stay productive on-the-go," said Nils Madden, marketing director, Desktop Imaging and Printing, Epson America, Inc. "The WorkForce WF-100 not only expands our portfolio of business printing solutions, but underscores our commitment to delivering tools that meet the evolving needs of today's mobile workforce."
The WorkForce WF-100 features wireless connectivity, allowing users to easily print from a range of devices, including tablets, smartphones and laptops. The sleek design portable color inkjet printer includes Wi-Fi Direct for printing without a router, and a built-in battery that charges via USB or the included AC adapter. The WF-100 also features an automatic power-off feature to save battery life.
The complete WorkForce WF-100 feature set includes:
- The world's lightest and smallest mobile printer1: Convenient portability, and ready to print invoices, presentations, contracts and more
- Built-in wireless and Wi-Fi Direct2: Easily print from iPad®, iPhone®, tablets, smartphones and laptops3
- Flexible battery charging: Travel-friendly USB battery charging, or use the AC adapter; includes rechargeable lithium-ion battery for dependable performance in a small package
- Versatile, professional quality prints: Print professional-quality business documents and borderless 4" x 6" photos; speeds up to 6.7 ISO ppm (black) and 3.8 ISO ppm (color)�nbsp;
- Easy to use: Bright 1.4" color LCD plus convenient control panel for simple setup and operation
- Durable, quick-dry inks: Fade and water resistant prints
- Sleek design: Enables productivity for busy professionals on-the-go
The WorkForce WF-100 enables convenient mobile printing with Epson Connect3, a suite of free mobile printing solutions including Email Print, Epson Creative Print, Epson iPrint™, Epson Remote Print and more. Features include:
- Support for Android™ Printing and Kindle Fire™ Printing
- Support for Google Cloud Print™ with Gmail™ or Google Drive™ account. Enables printing from your Chromebook and Google Chrome™ without installing drivers or connecting cables.
- Epson Connect Solutions Finder is available to help users quickly determine and compare which mobile solution supports their mobile devices or printer
Pricing and Availability
The Epson WorkForce WF-100 ($349.99*) will be available through online retailers starting in early November and will be available through major retail stores in January 2015. For more information and availability, please visit epson.com/workforce.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. EPSON and WorkForce are registered trademarks, and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Google is a registered trademark and Android, Chromebook, Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Cloud Print and Google Drive are trademarks of Google Inc. Wi-Fi Direct® is a registered trademarks and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2014 Epson America, Inc. CPD-41524 7/14
*Estimated street price
+ Print speed quoted using AC power. Battery-powered print speeds are 3.5 ISO ppm (black) and 2.0 ISO ppm (color). Black and color print speeds are measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. For more information, visit
1 World's lightest and smallest mobile printer based on mobile color inkjet printers priced at $399 (USD) or less, available at U.S. retail stores as of April 2014.
2 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Wi-Fi Direct may require printer software.
3 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device. For a list of Epson Connect enabled printers and compatible devices and apps, visit www.epson.com/connect
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.
|Epson America, Inc.
Duane Brozek, Epson America, Inc., 562-290-5683
Becki Gervin, Walt & Company, 408.369.7200, ext. 1070