New 3D Printers and Materials Designed to Enhance Competitive Edge of Design and Manufacturing Companies
Booths D90, Hall 11 and H139, Hall 8
Nov. 25 – 28, Frankfurt, Germany
MINNEAPOLIS & REHOVOT, Israel — (BUSINESS WIRE) — November 4, 2014 — At EuroMold 2014, Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) will be launching an unprecedented 11 high-performance 3D printers and materials. The scope and breadth of new capabilities being introduced will enable Stratasys customers to improve their competitiveness and deliver high-end prototypes and manufactured parts with greater ease, speed and efficiency.
The compact Objet260 Connex series brings the power of multi-material, triple-jetting technology to office spaces, while providing parts with unrivalled product realism. Photo: Stratasys
Capabilities being introduced include:
- Unique triple-jetting technology now available cross-platform – providing companies with varying application and budget requirements access to a large variety of material combinations including flexible, rigid and color in a single part from the convenience of compact, office-compatible 3D printers to industrial-scale systems.
- Up to 20 percent faster FDM production system times – ideal for companies looking for efficiency and ease of use when delivering complex prototypes, production aids or final manufactured items or parts.
- For the first time, customers can create 3D tools for food processing and perform steam sterilization of medical devices. Aerospace and automotive customers can now benefit from enhanced speed, toughness and chemical resistance, with the new advanced ULTEM® 1010 FDM material capabilities.
- Unmatched material versatility – customers now have an unprecedented 12 3D printing materials at the desktop level with the compact Objet30 Prime, providing consumer goods, electronics, medical-device and other industries with greater freedom to test design concepts to advanced working prototypes and parts.
- Faster, more productive hands-free operation with the introduction of soluble support for the Objet Eden260VS – ideal for companies looking to deliver high-volume, high-output prototyping without compromise on finish or detail.
Triple-Jetting Technology for the Office and Design Studio
With the launch of the popular Objet500 Connex3 earlier this year, Stratasys introduced its unique triple-jetting technology that began a new era in color multi-material 3D printing. Today, Stratasys announces six new PolyJet based 3D printers, making triple-jetting technology accessible cross-platform, for companies with different application and budget requirements. Using triple-jetting technology, designers and workgroups can cost-effectively produce prototypes, tools, injection molds and end-use parts featuring vivid color and unrivalled product realism.
The Objet260 Connex 1, 2 and 3 series is a compact and office friendly platform, while the Objet350 Connex 1, 2 and 3 series deliver the same capabilities with larger build sizes. To increase productivity, all six 3D printers provide triple-jetting workflow advantages like hot-swap and fewer material changeovers. Further enhancing ease of use and workflow, the Objet260 and Objet350 Connex3 3D Printers (and the existing Objet500 Connex3) will support VRML-exported CAD files* in addition to the traditional STL, and deliver color, multi-material 3D printing.
New Fortus Systems with Enhanced Productivity and Touch-Screen Interface
Leveraging the success of its FDM-based Fortus 3D Production Systems, Stratasys is launching two new Fortus 3D Production Systems: the Fortus 450mc and Fortus 380mc. Designed for reliability and ease of use, the systems have a new touch-screen interface that allows users to make adjustments to their print jobs without disrupting operations and can achieve up to 20 percent quicker build times for complex geometries. Competitively priced, the Fortus 380mc is designed for high-performance prototyping and production tooling in a variety of standard and engineering thermoplastics. Featuring a larger build envelope than the 380mc, the Fortus 450mc employs the most advanced FDM thermoplastics and is ideal for mid-sized functional prototypes, production aids and end-use parts in specialized materials.
The Desktop 3D Printer with Unmatched Material Versatility
Providing customers with new levels of material versatility and product
realism, the new Objet30 Prime Desktop 3D Printer offers 12 material
options including rubber-like, rigid, high-temperature and
bio-compatible materials, with quiet operation and an office-friendly
footprint. The Objet30 Prime is ideal for consumer goods, electronics
and medical-device applications. Besides its two standard build modes,
the system exclusively introduces a third print option - draft mode,
which enables 36-micron layer 3D printing for faster build speeds to
quickly test prototype concepts.