Oct 6, 2014 -- Established as an independent company in 1984, Blade was acquired by Gardner Group in January 2011. Blade is a leading supplier of tooling, technical services and front end services to the Aerospace and IGT investment casting industry.
Blade is able to supply all types of tooling which is supported by the industry wide technical expertise of more than 50 employees and our comprehensive and modern manufacturing assets.
Our products, services, assets and expertise combine to provide our customers with truly industry leading lead times and total cost competitiveness. Blade has full ISO approval and is an accredited supplier to Rolls Royce with immediate access to the substantial resources of Gardner Group.
Blade decided to allow the programming of our Mazak CNC machines to be carried out on the shop floor and needed a user friendly system that would be easy for our toolmakers to learn. NCGCAM allowed this and also catered for the 3 + 2 requirement needed on our growing capacity of 5 axis machining.
Since installing NCGCAM, Gardner - Blade have seen the following results:
- Programming bottle necks have been controlled after initial installation of 3 NCGCAM seats.
- Cost reduction shown with no time wasted between programmer and operator.
- Lead times for 3 and 5 axis machining have reduced dramatically since the introduction of direct CAM methods.
- Confidence of programmer / operator has been increased and allows for unmanned hours being gained.
- Ease of use allowed other employees to learn the software, due to this we now have 9 NCGCAM seats installed.
“We pride ourselves on our modern facility for manufacturing bespoke tooling for the Aerospace and IGT Investment casting industry. Since the installation of NCGCAM, the business has gained from shorter lead times, reduced costs and increased efficiency, which has led to a better value of service to our customers.” Says Ian Cerrone – Production Manager at Gardner – Blade.
About NCG CAM St andalone 3D HSM CAM Software
NCG CAM is stand-alone CAM system offering an easy to use HSM CAM solutionthat integrates with existing CAD and CAM systems.
NCG CAM boasts many innovative features. It is suitable for all types of forms, creating an optimised, smooth cutter motion ideal for 3D HSM, which will help to extend tool life, minimise wear on the machine tool and producing parts with an excellent surface finish.
NCG CAM has a very user-friendly interface, with a typical learning curve of just 1 day is required to machine a live job. It is perfect for the high-speed machining of moulds, dies, prototypes and precision surface machining.
- Very user friendly interface – making it suitable for even occasional users
- NCG CAM offers many advanced 3D machining routines, rest roughing & 3 + 2 capabilities for all tool-paths, a simultaneous 5-axis add-on module is available
- Fast and efficient roughing strategies, including core roughing and adaptive clearance
- Comprehensive drilling routines – includes automatic hole detection and / or user defined holes
- All machining routines are fully gouge protected for both the cutter and the tool holder
- Rest area option for finishing strategies to minimise any air cutting
- Available as both 32-bit & 64-bit versions (both are multi-threaded)
– Stand-alone CAM software that is compatible with ANY other CAD package
– Extremely easy to use with just 1 day's training required to machine a live job
– Ideal for shop-floor programming
– Gouge protection for cutters and holders
– All post-processors are written in-house
– Powerful 3D machining
– Tool-paths optimised for HSM
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced wear on machine
- Extended tooling life
– Saves time and money!
A demonstration version of the NCG CAM software, is available to download - http://www.ncgcam.com/demorequest.html . The demonstration version of NCG CAM has unlimited usage and while there are restrictions to the machining output, it can also be used in its basic form as a FREE .iges viewer.
About NCG CAM Solutions Ltd
Established in Cambridge, UK, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd provides CAM software solutions, offering all the tools needed to manufacture prototypes, models, moulds, dies, patterns and finished products. Our specialist area is 3D HSM CAM with our product NCG CAM.
All our staff have a wealth of CAM experience, having worked in the CADCAM and engineering industry for many years. In particular, every member of our support team has worked on the shop-floor using CAM software on live jobs, enabling us to provide an excellent back up and support service for the software.
Established in June 2009, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd has a rapidly growing global reseller base, with resellers for NCG CAM in UK, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Norway, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Russia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa and across USA.
To contact a reseller or to download the demonstration version of NCG CAM, visit www.ncgcam.com . Alternatively contact Estelle Dunsmuir for more information – Email Contact or call +44 (0)1353 699840.