Quickly design energy-efficient, EMI-compliant systems with new family of 36-V and 60-V convertersDALLAS, Sept. 15, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced seven SIMPLE SWITCHER regulators that simplify wide VIN synchronous power supply design and help engineers create energy-efficient, electromagnetic interference (EMI) compliant products. The easy-to-use LM43600/1/2/3 and LM46000/1/2 DC/DC converters feature an input voltage range of up to 60 V for high reliability in rugged systems, and 27 micro amps of standby current that minimizes power consumption at light load. The unique synchronous power stage architecture reduces radiated emissions for EMC compliance in a variety of industrial, automotive and communications applications. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, visit www.ti.com/lm43600-pr.
The LM43600, LM43601, LM43602 and LM43603 synchronous regulators support an input voltage range from 3.5 V to 36 V and generate output currents of up to 0.5 A, 1 A, 2 A and 3 A, respectively. The LM46000, LM46001 and LM46002 support an input of 3.5 V to 60 V and output currents of up to 0.5 A, 1 A and 2 A. The converters integrate compensation, control features and MOSFETs to reduce the bill of material (BOM) by up to seven components. The HTSSOP package is leveraged across the entire family, allowing pin- and footprint-compatibility, as well as scalability.
The regulators are fully supported in TI's WEBENCH® online design tool, helping designers generate, optimize and simulate a wide VIN design, and then export that design to a CAD program. Read a blog on how to simplify design with SIMPLE SWITCHER products and WEBENCH tools.
LM43600/1/2/3 and LM46000/1/2 key features and benefits
- Synchronous rectification with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs simplifies design while improving efficiency, EMI and solution size. Watch a video demonstration of a tightly laid-out, triple-output power supply design.
- Ultra-low 27 micro amps of operating quiescent current provide high light-load efficiency and extend battery life.
- Programmable switching frequency up to 2.2 MHz allows for smaller external components.
- 16-pin, 5-mm by 6.4-mm thermally enhanced package is pin- and footprint-compatible across the product family and is scalable for reuse across various applications.
- EMI-optimized pin placement simplifies printed circuit board (PCB) layout for CISPR 22 class B EMC compliance.
About SIMPLE SWITCHER products from Texas Instruments
TI's SIMPLE SWITCHER family has been solving power design problems for 25 years. The award-winning portfolio of products includes easy-to-use power modules, regulators and controllers. Supporting input voltage ranges from 3 V to 75 V, and currents from 300 mA to 5A, the products are fully functional in TI's WEBENCH Power Designer, Power Architect and FPGA Power Architect design and prototyping tools. Click here for more information on TI's SIMPLE SWITCHER product portfolio.
About WEBENCH tools from Texas Instruments
The WEBENCH Designer and Architect component libraries include more than 24,000 components from 120 manufacturers. Price and availability is updated hourly by TI's distribution partners for design optimization and production planning. Offered in eight languages, the user can compare complete system designs and make supply chain decisions in minutes. Click here to start a cost-free design in TI's WEBENCH design environment.
Availability and pricing
The SIMPLE SWITCHER synchronous regulators are available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. The LM43600/1/2/3 regulators are priced at US$1.50, $1.60, $1.75 and $1.85, respectively, in 1,000-unit quantities. The LM46000/1/2 regulators are priced at US$1.65, $1.75 and $1.85. Automotive grade versions of the LM43602 and LM43603 will be available in early 2015.
Find out more about TI's power portfolio:
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts in the SIMPLE SWITCHER power management forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SIMPLE SWITCHER and WEBENCH are registered trademarks and TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Gayle Bullock, Texas Instruments, 669-721-3133
Maemalynn Meanor, Golin, 972-341-2564