Software Provides Major Enhancements in Vessel and Platform Modeling, Simulation Script Management, Visualization, and Information Mobility
EXTON, Pa., U.S.A. – Sept. 4, 2014 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today released MOSES V7.1 software for the hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analysis of offshore platforms and vessels. MOSES is the leading software for the analysis and simulation of complex offshore structure transport and installation projects. Featuring functionality covering the full range of stability, motions, and mooring studies of offshore operations, MOSES is the mainstay for professional engineers to reliably meet stringent offshore code requirements, reduce project risks, and increase safety. Users of MOSES V7.1 further benefit from:
- a modern graphical user interface that ensures model accuracy and consistency;
- faster, intuitive 3D modeling to help explore design alternatives (optioneering);
- easier editing and management of MOSES simulation scripts;
- reduced delays and rework from the tighter integration of MOSES and Bentley’s SACS software for the analysis and design of fixed platforms and topsides;
- enhanced information mobility through Integrated Structural Modeling.
Phil Christensen, Bentley vice president, offshore, said, “This first major release of MOSES since Bentley acquired it in October 2013 increases the software’s interoperability and extends the resulting information mobility that is a Bentley hallmark. For starters, it offers an enhanced ability to import SACS structural models into MOSES, along with the automated generation of SACS loading files from MOSES – enabling collaborative workflows among offshore structural engineering and naval architecture teams.
“In addition, through MOSES V7.1’s support of Integrated Structural Modeling, users are able to work within integrated and flexible structural modeling, analysis, design, documentation, and detailing workflows. This gives them the advantages of intelligent structural design practices, which can help them deliver offshore platforms faster while reducing project risks.”
Ian Emery, information coordinator global engineering, Dockwise, said, “Dockwise has been using both SACS and MOSES for many years, and has established best practice procedures for jacket launch and topsides float-over installation. Recently, we have been pioneering their use on especially large and heavy installations, such as the successful topside installation and jacket launch for the SHWE field development project in the Bay of Bengal, Myanmar, which marked a significant milestone for Dockwise. We welcome the new enhancements to the MOSES product line and look forward to future developments that will help us remain innovative and a leader in the offshore oil and gas industry.”
Other features of MOSES V7.1 include:
- new hull and compartment modeling tools that use industry-standard NURB surfaces compatible with Bentley’s MicroStation information modeling software, along with other modelers on the market; these new hull and compartment modeling tools are easy to learn and reduce modeling times and errors when creating complex analysis models;
- new automated meshing functions that are suitable for all types of hull geometry and result in highly accurate mesh generation;
- enhanced visualization of analytical results by way of a new motions application that provides interactive static graphing and dynamic video creation of motions analysis results;
- a dedicated language editor in the MOSES simulation language (the most used approach in the offshore industry for simulation of complex offshore installations) with command auto-complete, context-sensitive help, as well as color coding and macro and program block management.
Bentley’s Engineering Software for Offshore Structures
Bentley continues to be a leader in the provision of engineering software for better-performing, safer, and more resilient offshore structures, addressing key drivers:
- managing risks via compliance with design codes
- time to first production
- globalization of design teams
In addition to MOSES, Bentley’s engineering software for offshore structures includes SACS, for the structural analysis and design of fixed platforms as well as topsides for fixed platforms, floating platforms, and floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) units, and MAXSURF,for the initial hull design of new vessels and review of stability for modifications to existing vessels.
For additional information:
- To learn more about MOSES, visit www.bentley.com/MOSES.
- To view a MOSES webinar, click here.
- To download high-resolution MOSES V7.1 images, click here.
- To learn more about SACS, visit www.bentley.com/SACS.
- To learn more about MAXSURF, visit www.bentley.com/MAXSURF.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancingthe design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2006 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, MicroStation, SACS, MAXSURF, MOSES, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.