AMD first unveiled the AMD Radeon R9 285 graphics card during its 30 Years of Graphics & Gaming event on August 23, 2014. It comes packed with the latest Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture(1) innovations like support for the upcoming DirectX®12(2) and AMD's revolutionary Mantle API(3). The newest addition to the Radeon family features an engine clock speed of 918 MHz, and 2 GB of frame buffer running at 5.5 Gbps. The Radeon R9 285 GPU is capable of delivering up to 3.29 teraFLOPS of computing performance, offering extreme gaming detail that outshines any card at 1080p and beyond in its category. Custom and overclocked AiB SKUs are available today.
Additional features of the AMD Radeon R9 285 graphics cards include:
- 1,792 stream processing units
- Up to 918 MHz engine clock
- 2GB GDDR5 memory
- Up to 5.5 Gbps memory clock speed
- 3.29 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- API support for DirectX® 12, OpenGL 4.3 and Mantle
- Support for AMD Eyefinity technology
- Support for Project FreeSync
- Support for AMD TrueAudio technology
AMD Radeon R9 285 graphics cards are available today at an SEP of $249 USD.
AMD also launched " Never Settle: Space Edition," the latest iteration of AMD's popular game bundle promotion. This bundle also includes Alien: Isolation and the Mustang Omega Variant Racer(4) from Accelerated Mass Design in Star Citizen. AMD is following its tradition of offering choice by letting gamers select from a strong line-up of in-demand games as a reward for purchasing select AMD Radeon graphics cards. Users will receive up to three choices from a library of up to 29 different games. This stands out as the widest selection of games in the history of the "Never Settle" program.
Players will discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of the Alien motion picture, Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance.
Star Citizen is a rich, multi-faceted space sim from the developers of Wing Commander; included in Never Settle: Space Edition is a valuable Star Citizen Omega Variant Racer and access to the game's first two modules.
Alien: Isolation is scheduled to be released on October 7, 2014 and the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer will be available on October 1st, 2014.(5)
"Today marks a very important day for AMD graphics. We're introducing the most compelling product in the market for high resolution gaming with the Radeon R9 285 GPU, and also continuing our dedication to AMD's Unified Gaming Strategy, with the newest 'Never Settle' bundle," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president, Computing and Graphics Business, AMD. "These announcements demonstrate our commitment to delivering world-class graphics products and show the strength of our relationship with the world's most renowned game developers."
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon R9 Series graphics cards
- Learn more about " Never Settle: Space Edition"
- Read our blog: The four core principles of AMD's Mantle
- Become a fan of AMD Gaming on Facebook
- Engage with us on Twitter @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express® 3.0, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, AMD PowerTune technology etc.) are included in the AMD Radeon R9 285 graphics cards. Not all technologies are supported in all system configurations -- check with your system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
(2) Microsoft, Windows, Windows Vista, and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
(3) Mantle application support is required. Based on preliminary DirectX 12 specifications as of July, 2014, AMD's GCN-based products are expected to support DirectX 12 upon its release. The DirectX 12 specification and support for it are subject to change without notice.
(4) The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer by Accelerated Mass Design! Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module "Arena Commander" and the "Murray Cup Race Series"
(5) Not all games/offers are available on all Radeon Reward tiers. Visit www.amd.com/neversettlespace for more information and www.amd.com/neversettlespaceoffer for specific terms and conditions.
Contact: Antal Tungler AMD Public Relations (289) 695-0902 Antal.Tungler@amd.com