GRAPEVINE, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 28, 2014 — GameStop, a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards™ members an unforgettable experience in meeting celebrities and video gaming luminaries, getting autographs and playing games months before release at the ultimate event for gaming fans: GameStop EXPO at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA on Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 9-10.
GameStop EXPO attendees will have the chance to meet the following special guests during the event on Wednesday, Sept. 10:
- WWE Superstar Seth Rollins from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the 2K booth
- UFC fighter and Brazilian mixed martial artist Rafael Souza dos Anjo in the Alienware booth from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- McFarlane Toys Founder and Legendary Spawn artist, Todd McFarlane at 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. in the McFarlane Toys booth. See all the newest action figures and statues from McFarlane Toys including those from AMC’s The Walking Dead, WWE, Assassin Creed, HALO, Rabbids, NFL, NBA and MLB.
- One of the industry’s brightest stars: Nolan North. Well known for his voice work as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series, Desmond Miles from Assassin’s Creed, the Penguin in Batman: Arkham City and many more memorable characters, North will be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Ashly Burch, the voice of Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2, will be also be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Greg Horn, illustrator of Death of Wolverine in the Diamond Comics booth 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Back by popular demand, a selection of Game Informer magazine editors will be in-the-house. Swing by the Game Informer booth, have a chat about their favorite games and grab a free collector’s edition poster.
For other photo opportunities, fans can:
- Have the opportunity to meet and take a picture with the Power Rangers Super Megaforce and then try out the new game at the Bandai Namco booth
- See the action-packed Sunset Overdrive and then mix and match different backgrounds and characters to put themselves in a “3D” Sunset Overdrive landscape and share with friends
- Become part of the epic, dark fantasy world of Dragon Age: Inquisition and take a photo in the Skyhold Thorne in the EA booth. Take the photo with you and post it instantly to your favorite social network.
- Become an EA SPORTS cover athlete and get in the game! Have your photo put on the cover of FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15, NHL 15 or UFC in the EA booth.
Gamers can also play with some of the newest and most anticipated games coming soon, including:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Far Cry 4
- Project Cars
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
- The Crew
- Dead Island 2
- Escape Dead Island
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Naruto Shippudden: Ultimate Ninja® Storm Revolution
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
- Evil Within
- Forza Horizon 2
- Hyrule Warriors
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Theatrythm Curtain Call
- NBA 2K15
- WWE 2K15
- Just Dance 2014
- Shape Up