VANCOUVER, BC -- (Marketwired) -- Aug 12, 2014 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today at SIGGRAPH 2014 unveiled new additions to the next generation AMD FirePro™ professional graphics family -- all designed to provide exceptional application performance for the entry-level workstation user up to the ultra power user, backed by larger memory configurations, top to bottom 4K display support, increased compute performance(1), application certifications and rock-solid drivers. AMD took command of professional graphics leadership earlier this year with the exciting introduction of its award winning AMD FirePro™ W9100 and AMD FirePro™ W8100 graphics. Now with the introduction of all new AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards supported by AMD Graphics Core Next architecture -- AMD FirePro™ W2100, AMD FirePro™ W4100, AMD FirePro™ W5100, and AMD FirePro™ W7100 -- Computer Aided Design (CAD), video, animation, design and engineering professionals are empowered to work at exceptional levels of detail, speed, productivity, responsiveness and creativity.
"We're excited to unveil the new generation of AMD FirePro professional graphics with improved features to enable more workstation graphics performance and productivity at every level," said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. "This new generation of AMD FirePro graphics will help workstation manufacturers and channel providers to offer powerful, reliable solutions designed to improve application performance and increased productivity to help end users do more."
The next generation AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics family brings at least 2x more memory(1), multidisplay 4K leadership, high compute performance, next generation API support and PCIe® 3.0 support:
- With 16GB GDDR5 memory and the ability to support up to six 4K displays(2), AMD FirePro™ W9100 professional graphics is AMD's most advanced professional graphics solution available offering the ideal single-GPU solution for the next generation of ultrahigh-resolution visualization environments
- AMD FirePro™ W8100 professional graphics feature 8GB of GDDR5 memory and packs up to 4.2 TFLOPS of compute power to accelerate projects beyond just graphics
- An engineering and Media & Entertainment multimedia powerhouse, the 8GB AMD FirePro™ W7100 professional graphics is designed to boost performance and support for 4K content, including video playback, editing and transcoding
- With 4GB of GDDR5 memory and four display outputs on the AMD FirePro™ W5100 graphics, users can tackle complex models, assemblies, data sets and advanced visual effects with ease
- In a class of its own, AMD FirePro™ W4100 graphics, including four-display support, is the ideal choice for users who need a performance boost to address their evolving workflows
- Next generation professional graphics start with AMD FirePro™ W2100 graphics, delivering optimized and certified professional application performance that consumer graphics lack
"With the introduction of next generation AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics cards, Dell can offer its design and engineering customers outstanding graphics and multi-monitor performance, beneficial graphics memory and outstanding features to help improve their workflows -- whether they need an entry, mid-range or high-end graphics solution," said Andy Rhodes, executive director, Dell Precision workstations. "AMD's solid drivers and application certifications support Dell Precision Workstation customers with high performance, high quality workstations for their designs, models, animations and video productions."
"Offering an expanded choice of AMD FirePro professional graphics cards will help our customers increase their productivity for a variety of mission critical projects including computer aided design and content creation," said Jeff Wood, vice president, Worldwide Product Management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. "We can rely on AMD FirePro to enable our workstation customers to deliver successful projects knowing that they're backed by the reliability and performance they demand."
In support of the new AMD™ FirePro professional graphics, AMD will participate in the following activities at SIGGRAPH 2014 in the Vancouver Convention Centre:
- AMD FirePro family of professional graphics will be displayed in the AMD booth (#1023) from August 12 to 14
- Also in the AMD exhibit booth, Solid Angle, a leading provider of rendering software for animation and visual effects, will offer a demonstration entitled "Exploring the Cutting Edge: An Arnold GPU Prototype"
- AMD's graphics executive Richard Huddy will present "Mantle and the Next-Gen Renderers For AMD FirePro With Graphics Core Next" at the Exhibitor Tech Talks at SIGGRAPH 2014 on August 12 and 13
- AMD will host
"Monsters in the Orchestra: A Surround Computing VR Experience" in booth ET440 in the Emerging Technologies pavilion, Hall A from August 10 to 14
"Sapphire is proud to be able to offer the complete range of new AMD professional graphics products featuring a host of new features enabling workstation users with increased creativity and productivity," said Adrian Thompson, Corporate VP of Marketing for SAPPHIRE Technology, the Exclusive Global Distribution Partner for AMD FirePro graphics. "These new AMD FirePro professional graphics deliver workstation integrators and end users an exciting choice of performance levels for an extensive array of applications, all supported by certified drivers and powered by OpenCL™."
The AMD FirePro W9100 and W8100 graphics are already available for purchase from numerous workstation providers, and the AMD FirePro W2100, W4100 and W5100 graphics will be available In September from AMD global distribution partner SAPPHIRE Technology and major workstation providers. AMD FirePro W7100 graphics will be available in Q4 2014.
- Learn more about AMD FirePro™ Graphics product family
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD professional graphics on Twitter-
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
(1) Compared to the previous generation of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics
(2) 4K content required. AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to six DisplayPort™ monitors on an enabled graphics card. Supported display quantity, type and resolution vary by model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase. To enable more than two displays, or multiple displays from a single output, additional hardware such as DisplayPort-ready monitors or DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs may be required. A maximum of two active adapters is recommended for consumer systems. 4K support requires 4K display and content. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ("AMD" or the "Company") including, among other things, the strategy, timing, availability, features and functionality of AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics cards, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are commonly identified by words such as "would," "may," "expects," "believes," "plans," "intends," "projects," and other terms with similar meaning. Investors are cautioned that the forward-looking statements in this presentation are based on current beliefs, assumptions and expectations, speak only as of the date of this presentation and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations. Risks include the possibility that that Intel Corporation's pricing, marketing and rebating programs, product bundling, standard setting, new product introductions or other activities may negatively impact the Company's plans; that the Company will require additional funding and may be unable to raise sufficient capital on favorable terms, or at all; that customers stop buying the Company's products or materially reduce their operations or demand for its products; that the Company may be unable to develop, launch and ramp new products and technologies in the volumes that are required by the market at mature yields on a timely basis; that the Company's third-party foundry suppliers will be unable to transition the Company's products to advanced manufacturing process technologies in a timely and effective way or to manufacture the Company's products on a timely basis in sufficient quantities and using competitive process technologies; that the Company will be unable to obtain sufficient manufacturing capacity or components to meet demand for its products or will not fully utilize the Company's projected manufacturing capacity needs at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. (GF) microprocessor manufacturing facilities; that the Company's requirements for wafers will be less than the fixed number of wafers that we agreed to purchase from GF or GF encounters problems that significantly reduce the number of functional die the Company receives from each wafer; that the Company is unable to successfully implement its long-term business strategy; that the Company inaccurately estimates the quantity or type of products that its customers will want in the future or will ultimately end up purchasing, resulting in excess or obsolete inventory; that the Company is unable to manage the risks related to the use of its third-party distributors and add-in-board (AIB) partners or offer the appropriate incentives to focus them on the sale of the Company's products; that the Company may be unable to maintain the level of investment in research and development that is required to remain competitive; that there may be unexpected variations in market growth and demand for the Company's products and technologies in light of the product mix that it may have available at any particular time; that global business and economic conditions, including consumer PC market conditions, will not improve or will worsen; that demand for computers will be lower than currently expected and the effect of political or economic instability, domestically or internationally, on the Company's sales or supply chain. Investors are urged to review in detail the risks and uncertainties in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 28, 2014.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2654421