Culver City, CA, August 8, 2014 -- Sony Pictures Imageworks will be an active participant at SIGGRAPH 2014, the 41st International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, which is being held August 10th – 14th, in Vancouver.
SIGGRAPH 2014 highlights from our Academy Award®-winning visual effects company, which recently centralized its production headquarters in Vancouver, will include the following:
- Senior Visual Effects Supervisor Jerome Chen, Animation Director David Schaub and Digital Effects Supervisor David Smith will conduct a production session titled Unmask the Secrets Behind “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” on Wednesday, August 13th, from 10:45am – 12:15pm, in West Ballroom AB.
- Principal Algorithmic Engineer Daniel Sheerin will host a talk titled Creature Feature: Procedural Tentacle Bundles in “Edge ofTomorrow,”on Tuesday, August 12th, from 9:00am – 10:30am, in West Building, Rooms 211-214.
- FX Animation Supervisor Steve Avoujageli will give a booth presentation titled SideFX: Creating the FX for “Edge ofTomorrow,” on Tuesday, August 12th, from 3:00pm – 3:30 pm, Wednesday, August 13th, from 1:30pm – 2:00pm and Thursday, August 14th, from 2:00pm – 2:30pm, in West Building, Exhibit Hall, Booth #901.
- Pipeline Supervisor John Hood will give a talk titled Got Crowds? CrAM: Artist-Friendly Crowds on “Edge of Tomorrow,” on Sunday, August 10th, from 2:00pm – 3:30pm, in East Building, Hall A.
- During the SIGGRAPH Job Fair, at the Sony Pictures Imageworks booth (West Building, Exhibit Hall B, Booths 19 and 20), recruiters will be activity recruiting for all disciplines, including: animators, lighting TD’s and a number of software development potions - Tuesday, August 12th, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Wednesday, August 13th 9:30 am- 3:30 p.m. and Thursday, August 14th from 9:30am – 3:30pm.
- Imageworks will also participate in the Vancouver Studio Crawl social event on Wednesday, August 13th, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at its current Vancouver location where artists will be able to meet with some of our top talent and executives.
A complete schedule of Imageworks events is attached.
ABOUT SONY PICTURES IMAGEWORKS
Sony Pictures Imageworks is the Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation unit of Sony Pictures Digital Productions known for live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and all-CG animation. The company, headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., recently completed work on Marvel Studios’ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, the Warner Bros. feature EDGE OF TOMORROW and 22 JUMP STREET and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 for Columbia Pictures. Sony Pictures Imageworks is currently in production on Columbia Pictures’ THE INTERVIEW and PIXELS, the ANGRY BIRDS movie for Rovio and Disney’s ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS. The company is also working on the animated features HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2 and the UNTITLED SMURFS MOVIE (working title) for Sony Pictures Animation. Other recent credits include Disney’s OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, MEN IN BLACK 3, Sony Pictures Animation’s CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA as well as Disney’s ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
• Website: http://www.imageworks.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SonyPicturesImageworks
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageworksvfx
Sony Pictures Imageworks