Third Module of the 2014 PLM MAR Report Series
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, 5 August 2014 —CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report, the third of five modules of the CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2013. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
- The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2014 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2013, forecasts of investments for 2014 through 2018, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2013.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2013, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2014 through 2018.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2013 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2013 market results. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
“The PLM market grew 4.8% to $35 billion in 2013, slowing after several high growth years coming out of the global recession,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President of Research, “Results for the PLM leaders moderated in 2013, after getting off to a strong start early in the year. While software sales in some segments remained strong, services are not showing the growth more typical of the PLM market in recent years. CIMdata estimates that the PLM market will have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% to reach $46.2 billion in 2018.”
Companies make PLM investments in many different areas and with many types of solutions including mechanical CAD, simulation and analysis, visualization and collaboration, cPDm, and building design. This diversity is reflected in the many different solution providers to the PLM market and in the fact that no single type of provider dominates the industry. During 2013, a number of providers generated substantial revenues that represent PLM-related investments. Sixteen providers generated PLM revenues in excess of $500 million from both the tools and the cPDm segments. Three solution providers, Dassault Systèmes, PTC, and Siemens PLM Software, are major providers of both tools and cPDm technology while others, such as Autodesk and Mentor Graphics, are primarily tool providers that focus on specific segments within the overall market. Companies who derived the most revenues from the overall PLM market are shown in the figure below. It illustrates the breadth of companies that participate in the overall PLM market, even though they may not all compete directly with each other.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.CIMdata.com.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at
www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.