Jul 18, 2014 -- Acute3D, a leader in the 3D automatic reconstruction from photographs, is pleased to announce a new release of Smart3DCapture, version 3.0.
This new release comes with a number of new improvements and features .
Major improvements and features
- New type of production True orthophoto/DSM: produce interoperable raster layers for visualization and analysis in third-party GIS/CAD software or image processing tools
- New inter-tile color equalization function, to limit color differences between tiles.
- Texture mapping improvements: among all the available candidates, the model is textured with the sharpest image.
- New geometry precision modes:
- Ultra, to perform 3D reconstructions with stunning geometric details.
- Medium, faster and more memory-efficient, recommended for orthophoto, DSM and preview.
- New reference manager interface to check project resources, and repair or update links.
- New System information tab in Smart3DCapure Settings to ease identification of system issues and technical support.
- Updated project file format, and job file format: faster and more scalable.
- Import blocks now supports MS Excel XLSX format.
About Acute3D Company
Acute3D develops and sells Smart3DCapture™, a software solution allowing to produce high resolution 3D models from simple photographs, without any human intervention.
The principle of Smart3DCapture™ is to analyze several photographs of a static subject, taken from different viewpoints, and to automatically detect pixels corresponding to a same physical point. From many such correspondences, relative orientations of photos and accurate 3D shape of the scene can be inferred.
Smart3DCapture™ solves this problem with cutting edge photogrammetry, computer vision and computational geometry algorithms fulfilling industrial-quality requirements in terms of precision, scalability, efficiency, usage, robustness and interoperability.
Smart3DCapture™ Advanced allows the production of high resolution 3D models as well as the generation of digital surface models (DSM) and true orthophotos from imagery datasets as big as 10 gigapixels. It is most suited for, but not limited to, UAS/UAV/drone operators.
Smart3DCapture™ Expert pushes the limits of the Advanced edition with an extension to 30 gigapixels per input imagery dataset, and a batch processing ability through a job queue. It is the perfect solution for demanding scanning and surveying projects.
Smart3Capture™ Ultimate is dedicated to larger-scale 3D surveying and mapping. It can handle an unlimited number of photographs without any limitation in size, and allows computations to be parallelized on a cluster of 3D reconstruction engines.