Expanding Portfolio Combines Tighter Integration with Autodesk 360 Cloud Services & Powerful AutoCAD Enhancements with Convenient, Flexible Subscription Options
SAN FRANCISCO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — March 27, 2014 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) today announced the release of the new Autodesk 2015 Design Suites, which are more tightly integrated with Autodesk cloud services than ever before offering customers the ability to collaborate, simulate, analyze and more, many with just one click from within the suite.
Each Autodesk 2015 Design Suite includes AutoCAD 2015, the most advanced AutoCAD yet. A new interface and enhanced productivity tools enable customers to experience a new standard in design and documentation. Additionally, Autodesk Subscription offers customers even more convenient, flexible ways to access the tools they need, when they need them, to help grow their business. Autodesk subscription connects customers with software updates, services and support that help get the most out of their investment in Autodesk software now and in the future.
The Autodesk portfolio now has something for everyone involved in making products and projects come to life, in addition to designers and engineers, said Amar Hanspal, senior vice president of platform products, Autodesk. Users will notice a difference in how much easier it is to get their work done with the Autodesk 2015 Design Suites.
Productivity-Boosting Enhancements for All Suites
New features and functionality have been added to the 2015 family of Autodesk Design Suites:
- Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite offers a refined visual interface, better point cloud support to bring the real world into the AutoCAD canvas, and easier ways to work with online maps and other geographic location information.
- Autodesk Building Design Suite delivers better integration with BIM 360 cloud services, enhanced point cloud capabilities, and numerous customer requested improvements for Autodesk Revit, including a new sketchy lines feature, ability to include imagery in schedules, enhanced hidden lines capability and more.
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite introduces easier moves from 2D AutoCAD drawings to 3D factory layouts with streamlined transitions from legacy workflows; point cloud support for as is facility capture; extended use of Factory Design data; and enhancements to Factory Design Mobile app.
- Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite includes major enhancements to AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including improved user interface, greater flexibility for corridor modeling, more efficient creation of profiles layouts, better production drafting, and simpler ways to create custom subassemblies.
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite rolls out significant enhancements to AutoCAD Plant 3D software, including center of gravity, bill of materials (BOM), fixed length pipe modeling, piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID), and isometric improvements.
- Autodesk Product Design Suite launches with exceptional modeling capabilities, a new user experience, and workflow enhancements.
Actual features and functionality vary by edition (Standard, Premium, Ultimate) of each suite. Visit the In the Fold Autodesk blog for more in-depth details on the 2015 Design Suites for Autodesk manufacturing, architecture, engineering and construction, infrastructure and oil and gas industry customers.
Cloud Services Just a Click Away
Customers in the architecture, engineering, and construction and infrastructure markets can expect to see significant productivity improvements through one-click access to BIM 360, cloud-based building information modeling (BIM) software for collaboration and management of construction projects. Autodesk InfraWorks 360, which offers civil engineers additional cloud services for collaboration and analysis at the early stages of infrastructure design, includes an updated user interface, support for more data formats, enhancements to Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360 and a new application Bridge Design for InfraWorks 360. The Design Suites for these fields also feature full integration of the Autodesk 360 Rendering service, which uses the virtually infinite computing power in the cloud to create high-resolution renderings efficiently.
Manufacturing industry customers gain easy access to new offerings such
Analysis 360, a cloud-based service that helps engineers and system
designers model, study, and optimize manufacturing processes. This
accessibility combined with other feature enhancements and refinements
removes the barriers to entry so that everyone can design and
engineer great products.