A new feature video may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O3BWd7A88
"I'm pleased to announce that TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers simple BIM though IFC export," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "TurboCAD already provided an integrated suite of architectural design tools and objects, and allowed users to create custom data sets. Now with the ability to export data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, more customers can use TurboCAD for simple BIM operations."
As a general 2D/3D CAD application for professionals, TurboCAD Pro and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 also offers significant enhancements to the areas of 3D modeling and mechanical design, rendering and UV mapping, drafting and detailing, and interoperability.
TurboCAD Pro v21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v21 new and enhanced features include:
NEW ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New Simple BIM with IFC export allows users to export geometry for walls, doors, windows, slabs, and roofs as well as custom data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- New PPM Objects as Doors and Windows extends parametric scripting in TurboCAD such that the resultant objects can be used as doors and windows.
- New Slice Any Solid with a (ACIS®) Surface allows any flat or curved plane in space to be used to bisect a solid.
- New ACIS R24 3D solid modeling engine and interoperability filters, plus enhancements to several features based on this engine.
- Improved Quick Pull Tool with options to dynamically modify fillets, bends, and/or cylindrical radii.
- New ACIS Faceting Algorithm gives more adequate results and adds options to the ACIS faceter properties.
- New Faceter Properties allows users to control the facet resolution of the display for improved productivity.
- New Drafting Objects Breaks use a conventional break to abbreviate the display of long drafting objects.
- New Edit Tool option "Node Filter" lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option "On/Off 'Workplane by 3D object'" was added to the Edit Tool.
RENDERING & UV MAPPING
- Improved Render Manager is now a universal tool to manage and edit photorealistic elements for Redsdk and Lightworks.
- New Redsdk Photorealistic Enhancements includes new, full support of Redsdk environments, luminances, render styles, and HDRI.
- New Material Wizard allows users to automatically create a new material based on an inserted image. This includes bump maps, image maps, transparency maps and reflection maps.
- New UV Mapping Proportional Editing edits the mesh which defines the relationship between the UV Map and the mapped image.
- New Geo-located Sun creates universal Sun Light calculations and rendering based on one of three modes: (1) user geo-location, date, and time; (2) longitude, latitude and custom time; (3) angle and azimuth.
- New Unwrapping algorithm finds the optimum way to take a 3D surface and flatten it with the minimum distortion.
- New Create Segment by Edges option refines the method for defining segments used in UV Mapping.
- Improved Redsdk rendering engine by Redway 3D has been updated to version 3.3.
- Improved Redsdk Selector Tool for smoother viewing when moving the camera or scrolling.
- Improved Redsdk Photo Rendering with the ability to configure the number of threads for Redsdk ray trace rendering.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- New Arrow Tools rapidly draw arc, curve, line, and polyline arrows with options to specify the head and tail or create your own.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved Dimensional Updating for Drafting Objects through improved associative interactivity, with or without viewports.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 21 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 is $1,695 and is now available.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2014 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available:
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 Email Contact