- Showcasing MCUs, MPUs, Smart Metering, Wireless, Automotive and Consumer Solutions, Along with Easy-to-Use Software and Tools for Smart, Connected DevicesSAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 19, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Atmel® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller (MCU) and touch technology solutions, today announced the company is unveiling a number of new products that will drive smart, connected devices in the era of the Internet of Things (IoT) at Embedded World held in Nuremberg, Germany, February 25-27. Atmel's new products and demonstrations will be held at its booth located in Hall 4A / #4A-220.
The company is unveiling a number of new products for the IoT market, including:
- Solutions in Embedded Processing
- An expanded SAM D family of ARM Cortex M0+ MCUs for consumer and industrial applications.
- Cost-effective development kits integrating Atmel's ARM Cortex A5 processor MPUs.
- New automotive-qualified mXT1664S maXTouch controllers.
- New Atmel AVR® MCUs, expanding the industry-leading 8-bit AVR family with new development kits and products to be introduced in 2014.
- Solutions in Connectivity
- World's first highly integrated, ultra-low power Wi-Fi IoT module powered by Atmel's Cortex M0+ MCUs.
- Atmel's SAMR21, a new family of Cortex M0+ based ultra-low power wireless microcontrollers targeting ZigBee and 6LoWPAN solutions.
- A new family of automotive LIN (local interconnect networking) SBC (system basis chip) solutions to better connect in-vehicle systems.
- Solutions in Software and Tools
- Atmel releases new Studio 6.2 integrated development platform (in beta) featuring a new debug probe with advanced debugging to accelerate time-to-market.
Atmel is also announcing winners from its AVR Hero Design contest at the show.
To demonstrate Atmel's large portfolio of solutions that power devices in the Internet of Things, the company is highlighting various demos in the embedded processing, connectivity and software/tools segments.
- For Embedded Processing
- Showcasing its capacitive touch capability using Atmel's QTouch® technologies, the company is highlighting various home appliances to demonstrate conductive immunity and moisture tolerance, along with an Xplained Pro board with a capacitive touch extension board.
- Highlighting several of its new ARM® MCU solutions, Atmel is showcasing its SAM4E data logger with signal processing based on Atmel's ARM Cortex-M4 MCUs and a SAM D20 global positioning system tracker based on Atmel's ARM Cortex-M0+ MCUs.
- Demonstrating Atmel's SAM A5 MPU innovations, the company is showing various demonstrations including its new SAMA5D3 Xplained board, a low-cost ARM Cortex A5 processor kit, a smart thermostat, a home automation and smart fridge demo with a 7" capacitive touch panel.
- Other demos include Ivee Sleek Wi-Fi, a voice-activated assistance for the home that helps manage and control connected devices without hands; a finger print, voice-search, secure Bluetooth / USB drive that displays passwords; a tiny automatic camera and app that gives you a searchable and shareable photographic memory; and a 5mm x 5mm Cortex-A5 System on Module card. A polyphase smart e-metering board based on a dual ARM Cortex-M4 core system-on-chip with an integrated metrology AFE will also be on display in the booth.
- For Connectivity
- Showcasing various Wi-Fi connectivity solutions, Atmel displays a Turtle Beach i60 headset and Roku 3 box used on a Vizio M-Series flat panel on display.
- Highlighting its upcoming ultra-low power IoT module which integrates the company's Wi-Fi technology with a Cortex M0+ core, Atmel showcases the latest Xplained PRO Starter demo kit using this soon-to-be-announced Wi-Fi IoT module.
- Showcasing Atmel's new SAMR21 family of wireless MCUs, supported by the new SAMR21 Xplained PRO evaluation kits. The kits are ideal as a platform for evaluating and developing the SAMR21 wireless MCUs. Atmel is also highlighting ZigBee and open-source 6LoWPAN solutions with cloud services.
- For Software and Tools
- Showcasing its new Atmel Studio 6.2 and Atmel-ICE, the company has examples of its latest integrated development platform and advanced debug probe.
- Highlighting a new SAMA5D3 Xplained cost-effective kit based on the ARM Cortex-A5 processor MPU.
- Showcasing the new Xplained Mini ultra-low cost evaluation kit with an Atmel 8-bit AVR, low pin-count MCU for less than USD $10.
- Highlighting several Arduino demonstrations based on Atmel MCUs from our Maker community.
And, by popular demand, the company is showcasing AvantCar™, its next-generation automotive center console concept with curved touchscreens highlighting Atmel's XSense®, maXTouch®, QTouch®, and 8-bit AVR MCU technologies.
Atmel's Low-power MCU Expert Bob Martin will be presenting "Differentiating and Optimizing for Static and Active Microcontroller Modes" during the hands-on workshop: "Applying Optimizing Techniques for Ultra-low Power Microcontrollers" (Class 07) on Wednesday, February 26. In this 9:00 am – 5:00 pm CET day-long session, Martin will be presenting at 9:15 am CET.
Atmel at EW Nuremberg 2014: http://www.atmel.com/Microsite/EW_2014/default.aspx
Atmel Blog: http://atmelcorporation.wordpress.com
Atmel YouTube Channel: www.atmel.com/youtube
Atmel Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
© 2014 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof, AVR®, maXTouch®, XSense® , QTouch® and others are registered trademarks or trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. ARM® and Cortex ® are registered trademarks or trademarks of ARM Ltd. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Agnes Toan, PR Manager
Tel: (+1) 408-487-2963, Email: Email Contact
SOURCE Atmel Corporation