February 10, 2014 - Tolland, CT – Mastercam X7 for SolidWorks is a CAM application that is fully integrated into SolidWorks. Users can program parts directly in SolidWorks using Mastercam’s industry-leading toolpaths and machining strategies. Mastercam X7 for SolidWorks features new Lathe support, a new File Editor and Tool Manager, as well as Backplot and Verify improvements.
Mastercam X7 for SolidWorks introduces many of Mastercam’s Lathe toolpaths, including the new Lathe Dynamic Rough toolpath. This toolpath is designed for hard materials cut with button inserts (i.e., radius or ball). The dynamic motion allows the toolpath to cut gradually, remain engaged in the material more effectively, and use more of the surface of your insert, extending the tool life and increasing the cutting speed.
The Backplot and Verify utilities that you use to check all your Mastercam tool motion have now been improved and combined to offer a more efficient workflow, better analysis tools, and more comprehensive toolpath support in one place—the Mastercam Simulator.
New Tool Manager
The new Tool Manager has been designed from the ground up as a flexible and efficient way to manage tools and tool holding components and to create tool assemblies that can be used in Mastercam. In addition to the tooling component support, Tool Manager also integrates work material and cut parameter data so that you can take advantage of a manufacturer’s cutting recommendations.
A new editor replaces the editor formally supplied with Mastercam. In addition to the new MP.NET posting language, it supports legacy MP, NC code, and VB script. It includes completely configurable keyword highlighting, AutoComplete, prebuilt code snippets, outlining, and bookmarks.
Also available in the Mastercam X7 for SolidWorks release is:
• Engraving and Point Toolpaths are now supported.
• Create Letters allows for the creation and placement of text using lines, arcs, and NURBS splines.
• Associativity checking specifies whether the software checks for discrepancies between the geometry referenced in toolpaths and the actual model as you modify them.
• Automatic updates check the internet for program updates.
• 3D HST Hybrid toolpaths now include a new Optimize cut order checkbox; it offers additional options for handling open and closed contours, as well as smarter regeneration.
• 3D HST Project offers the full suite of high speed toolpath parameters to refine the tool motion.
• Oscillate Motion for Curve and Swarf 5-axis improves tool life by not machining with the same areas of the tool.
For more information on Mastercam for SolidWorks, please visit www.mastercamforsolidworks.com.